“Lovely atmosphere!”

Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, South American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed January 22, 2013

I went here with friends for a birthday meal. The food was very good & the cocktails are to die for! They catered for my needs as best as they could & the decor is exquisite. The only downside was the waiters aren't around much & there was a bit of a mix up with the bill but other than that I highly recommend this place as the value is very good & they have really good deals on for food and cocktails!

1  Thank Tassbutler

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This new bar in the city of Derby was just screaming out for a review, so we had to climb on in there and with a voucher for a FREE Mojito by text we couldn't resist!
I visited Revolution De Cuba as an idividual at 7:30pm on the 11th Jan with high hopes on a great night and boy I wasn't dissapointed!

Lets get started shall we... Now originally I'd only have gone in to review this bar and sample the free drink on offer for Geared Up Events, however it was that good I ended up stoping for food too!

On entering the venue you firstly notice the very welcoming atmosphere and very calm neutral enviroment helped with the low lighting and absolutely fantastic theming.
Heading into the bar you notice the bare brickwork to your left and far side on entry with wooden cladding that compliments the venue completely and gives a very rustic cuban look which the bar shows off in the best possible way; not to mention the fantastic selection of RUM available! I love the "Cuba" in big letters above the bar it's a fantastic touch!

The staff are fantastic in this venue and treat you like an old friend would from the moment you walk in, a few welcome jokes now and then which is always fantastic banter! The bouncer on the door was friendly (Not something you come accross all the time) Thumbs up for Rob and Megan too who looked after me throughout the night.

After ordering the Free drink and showing my voucher I decided to move to a quieter area at the front of the venue for comparison and review purposes and thus I sat down to order a side dish. What did I order? A Side of fries with 'Spicy Rum Sauce' now if you like your food to have a kick, this is definately it the rum and chilli compliment each other well and the bucket of chips, WOW! Not only that, if you like the Rum Sauce enough, you can even buy a bottle of it for around £4.00!

The service was 'Seriously Fast' by Jessica A (Nothing to be scruitinised about) and It wasn't rushed either which is something worth a mention as there is nothing worse than being rushed through your evening meal. This place is welcoming and calm and takes you at your own pace!

After sampling the side order of fries I had to order something else they were fantastic, chips with potato something you abrley get now days! I had a cuban burger accompanied by Onion Rings and more fries and sauce.

The verdict on the food is "FANTASTIC" costing me just £8.95.
The serving size was large and with the food arriving on a wooden board it was a different serving method which complimented the theme of the bar very well and got me even more interested in coming back!

During the course of my evening Jessica and Carly made sure I was enjoying the food, drinks and atmosphere, so thanks guys!

Revolucion DeCuba is a fantastic example to be followed in exceptional customer service and satisfaction.

While waiting for my food I nipped to the bar to order a pina colada (A must try) and when I returned my chips went a little cold by my fault. The staff were happy to get me some more free of charge even checking them for me aswell. They were taken away and someone else... Mark (The Manager) returned and offered an appology before returning back to his duties in the restaurant, it was fantastic service!

All the staff and customers were happy, smiling together and seemed to be having fun while working that passes on to it's customers. The working enviroment was fantastic and all of the staff were approachable and answered every question I had including:

"Can I have some sauce please?" however there weren't any un-opened so they were unable to sell me one, instead I was given one completely Free of charge and it was un-unsed so now I can share a small part of my De-Cuba Experience with friends before I return!

After the meal I visited the upstairs section where I found seats, extra tables and a juke box - Another unique touch to the bar!

The only negative thing about the entire visit was the rather unhelpful bathroom attendant who seemed to be on his phone and more interested in his conversation than helping out with aftershave and what not, It would have been a great touch but gives a slighly negative look towards the bar itself.

I STRONGLY suggest you visit this bar if you have not yet had chance!

I will be returning to this bar to have lunch again as I was also also given a voucher for 50% off food anytime in Jan! Sunday - Thursday and also 2 for 1 cocktails everyday 5pm - 7pm!
VISIT THIS BAR!

SCORES OUT OF 5 (5 Being Absolutely Fantastic - 1 being Rubbish)

SERVICE: *****
WAITERS: JESSICA ***** CARLY *****
MANAGER: MARK *****
BAR STAFF: ROB ***** MEGAN *****

DRINKS QUALITY: **** 4.5
FOOD QUALITY: ***** 5
TEMPERATURE: ***** WARM THROUGHOUT
FACILITIES: **** 4 CLEAN(ISH) ALTHOUGH NEED TO RID OF THE USELESS TOLIET ASSISTANT.

Will we be returning? Definately!

1  Thank DexxTravels
Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I have been to revolucion de cuba 3 times now. On the opening night for a drink & twice for a meal. The place has a great atmosphere, brilliant service & quality food. The drinks are quite expensive but taste great & lovingly prepared. For South American food this place beats Mexico & pepitos hands down!

1  Thank Misstigi
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Beautiful interior, very sylish, however, the food is not great, the service is slow and the staff are not friendly or helpful

1  Thank donna b
Reviewed December 23, 2012

Friday night just before Christmas is probably not the best time to visit - or rate - an evidently popular, and very new, City Centre venue. Our party's optimism was severely dented on arrival by finding one of the chefs being supported outside the front door in a distressed condition. Hopefully nothing serious; someone said it was only the heat in the kitchen. Fine... Our table was booked for 5.30 and our food pre-ordered from a two-course+cocktail menu at a not unreasonable price. Pleasant staff ushered us in, sat us down; tried to take our order. "You've already got it." We showed them the printed list we had given them a copy of when we booked. "Oh. Yes. Right." Our meal would have to be delayed by 20 minutes, so we were given complimentary vouchers for a free cocktail.This did not include a small spritzer. I should mention that most of this conversation was conducted using sign language; the noise level was excruciating, despite the size of the room. Evidently Building Control does not take sound-absorption into account. Anyone with a hearing aid would be unsure whether to turn it up to hear his neighbour, or down to deaden the noise.The "on arrival" drinks arrived, somewhat after we had. Now, as I understand things, Cuba is hot. I'm sure a large glass of crushed ice with some sort of fruit flavouring and a spot of alcohol would be welcome when it's eighty in the shade. Unfortunately, Derby doesn't normally enjoy that sort of temperature in December. The regular draught from the nearby door certainly wasn't troubling the mercury.
The starters arrived. I hadn't ordered one; I was looking forward to a chocolate-themed dessert. My companions appeared to enjoy theirs; I was offered a skewer of chicken and pineapple as my neighbour was overwhelmed by the generous size of her portion. It tasted fine. The main courses were served; by this time one of our number had to flee to some football match or other; he only had time to grab his cheeseburger as it arrived and run. (Derby lost). My chilli was very good. All the trimmings; I cleared my generous plate. (My wife complained about my garlic aroma for a couple of days afterwards.) Someone offered me a surplus onion ring; the batter was a delight and I purloined another which appeared to be going spare. I might mention that by now, the band had arrived and were playing about ten feet away. I'm sure they were very good; I thought I even recognized one of the numbers through the hubbub, but the audience mostly drowned them out. The bill arrived; I suggested that it might have been more courteous to have waited until I had had my dessert, which was soon produced, again I enjoyed it. I shared some of it out, and those who tried it also seemed to approve.
We left. My ears have now recovered, but I fear for the long-term effects on anyone working there for any length of time.
Would I go again? Probably, yes, with someone who likes their food a little different, and at a time when the place is not full to bursting and sponsored by Amplivox.