“Derby needs more places like Jack Rabbit's”
Review of Jack Rabbits

Jack Rabbits
Ranked #127 of 622 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Jack Rabbits is a café with seasonal offerings. We create honest, simple food using the finest ingredients. Spend a morning with us enjoying a relaxed breakfast, graze over lunch with friends or simply enjoy a freshly ground coffee with cake. A choice range of wines and beers are also available.
Reviewed May 13, 2013

We love Jack Rabbit's and are really pleased to see it doing so well. Yes, it is a little on the pricy side but I have always found the food really nice with friendly staff and a great view of the Cathedral. It can get very busy at lunch time so leave plenty of time but really this is only a reflection of how well regarded it is. The mixed meats platter or the ploughman's lunch are particularly good and they have now started a children's menu. Derby needs more quirky and locally sourced cafes and I would highly recommend Jack Rabbit's.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

A wonderful place to get very healthy food in a lovely setting opposite Derby's wonderful cathedral. Very child friendly too.

Reviewed April 29, 2013

I like this place, popped in on the off-chance on a Saturday morning. It was pretty busy, but a bustling type of busy if you know what I mean.

We ordered a couple of cappuccinos and a croissant, the coffee comes in an old fashioned style Parisian/French metal mug, my croissant was to die for - in true English style it came with a pot of jam and butter in home-crafted mini pack.

Its a French style place, no its not cheap, but I respect them for their attention to detail and fine food/drink - I don't think their coffee is anymore than Costa.

The place has a good feel to it, and everyone else looked happy. The other food/breakfasts coming out looked beautiful, they don't just plonk bacon, egg and sausage on a plate.

The deli is nice too, we picked up some sensational cheese and sausisson, fresh bread too.

We can't wait to go back on our next visit to Derby.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

Love Jack Rabbits for brunch, sat outside on the first sunny warm day of the year, opposite the cathedral, staff v.friendly and accomodating, the food's wonderful, I had toast on their lovely artisan bread & my husband had scrambled egg with bacon & on the vine tomatoes, had a super time and will be back.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We ahd left our children at a nearby laserquest in the hope of finding a decent coffee while they were occupied. None of us had been here before and we loved the quirkiness of the place. Two of us had brunch, which was delicious. The coffee was also good. The price wasn't bad, as the food was such good quality I feel that you get waht you pay for. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I have every intention of returning and sampling some of the excoting lunch dishes they have on offer.

1  Thank Bev003