“Could do a lot better”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Decor and ambience - dreadful
Staff - the landlady does her best but the staff are constantly changing
Food - don't eat it if you like good home cooked food as this is typical chain pub fare
Beer - pretty good and well kept with Doom Bar always on as well as Pedigree, Bombadier and guests
Cleanliness - I have had issues with tables not being cleaned after diners leave but this has improved recently

There are newer reviews for Nags Head

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Smells of stale beer, sticky tables, should have walked then. Ordered food, after half hour waiting complained. Finally came after another half hour and no apology. Food was below average.Customers around us were also having problems. If it hadn't been getting on we would have left, the foot was no reason for the long delay as it certainly wasn't freshly made.
Staff except one not friendly. DO NOT EAT HERE

1  Thank CatherineAn
Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just an average pub experience beers are cheap but of a poor standard cheap and cheerful but don`t dismiss it for a one off

Reviewed November 24, 2012

As the previous reviewer states, its stinks when you walk in. Stale Beer indeed & it smells like a toilet without an air freshener on entry. Anyway onto my experience..... Im fairly easy to please & having working behind a bar for 3 years i know a Bar persons job can be demanding.

On this occasion i visited the Nags on a wet & windy evening & before i could catch my breath, dry my glasses & see what beer was on sale a male staff member saw me & shouted 'can you take your cap off' before i reached the bar (it was raining & being a baldy bloke sometimes i forget that ive got a cap on lol). Somewhat ruffled i decided i wasnt going to buy a drink & needless to say i made for the exit without making an issue. Now i respect a Public House's policy on hats/caps, but a quiet & polite way of informing me would of been fine.

I now understand why some of my friends have complained about the customer service of this place. Poor poor poor im afraid & i feel sorry as im sure there are good people who work here & do a good job.

Reviewed October 16, 2012

I'm not from this area and was staying in town for a few nights and decided to come here for dinner last Monday evening. I really enjoyed my meal and thought the prices were very good. The service was also really good; food served quickly by a really nice, polite young lad. If I stay in the area again, I will definitely come here for my dinner.