“Tasty and fresh”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Tasty and fresh”
Reviewed October 24, 2012 via mobile

Lovely service , great food ,tasty ,fresh and aromatic !just what you would expect. Worth a visit could be great for a party or big group

1 Thank April H

Nottingham, England, United Kingdom
“Expensive and not for me”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

I love Chinese food and have had Japanese in the past which I enjoyed but I wasn't a big fan of Moonsha.

The restaurant was lovely and staff were good but the food was, for me, average. As ever, it can depend on what you have and I'm new to Japanese so perhaps I chose the wrong stuff but a lot of it seemed like lettuce leaves with salad cream and small pieces of cabbage dipped in something.

Might be worth another go but on first impressions, not great for me.

Visited October 2012
“Best Restaurant In Derby, Great food and Experience”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I work at a nearby hotel and often visit with clients and have been personally too.

Moonsha is amazing!!! The staff are great, special mention to Kenny, Ricky, Rob and Simon.

The sushi is to die for and the Teppenyaki is great.

Without doubt the best restuarant in Derby definatley deserves a higher rating on here!! Amazing service and food!

Will be back soon!

• Visited September 2012
3 Thank ClaireNotts1
East Midlands
“Fantastic night out, for a price!”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

One of the best meals out we have had in a while, but wow it came at a price. It was £100 per couple which we feel is really rather expensive.

The waiter was simply fantastic, cocktails all round and happy to advise on what we should eat. We booked the teppanyaki table which was fantastic. I've eaten at a few teppanyaki restaurants and this is by far the best. It was wonderful that they actually get you up, behind the hot plate to juggle with eggs (only if you want to!!).

The food was wonderful, the entertainment was top class and the drinks were adventurous! (Try the wasabi cocktail if you dare!).

Well worth a visit, but maybe for a special occasion, rather than a "normal" evening out.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Vix_toria
Manchester, United Kingdom
“One of the best restaurants in Derby”
Reviewed August 24, 2012

One of my two fav restaurants in Derby - food was just amazing, I've ties Limes and Graze neither were that impressive.

Visited September 2011