All reviewsair conunlimited breakfastdays innfourth floorexcellent pressureanyone expectingbar cafeplenty of parkingfamily roomset us up for the dayquick checkexcellent staybed was comfortabletwo singleswalk into townreal alefootball match
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We stayed here for one night for a family party in Derby. It was very simple to find, directly off the A52. There was ample free parking and check in was very quick. Room was typical Travelodge but clean and spacious. Bed was very comfortable and the shower was fine. Have booked it again for a friends wedding in July. Great hotel for the price.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Mark F
Reviewed June 16, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I arrived this evening to visit the Rum festival at Derby County Cricket ground. We received excellent service from Kyle and Alex this evening when we arrived back at the hotel. Thanks

Stayed: June 2018, traveled with friends
2  Thank Simone B
Reviewed May 16, 2018 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel twice now and it is easily one of the worst run hotels I have ever encountered. On the first occasion it took an hour and a half to receive a meal in what was a fairly quiet restaurant. Members of staff were stood around talking rather than serving customers.

I put this down as a one off and decided to give the hotel another go 16/05/18. On this occasion I was given a room that had not been made up (102). After returning to reception I was given room 406 and when I got to the room there were no towels and I had to return to reception yet again. When
I got back to the room the Towel issued had a hole in it.

I then discovered a stain on the bedding of the room, but by this time I had given up going up and down in the lift to reception so decided to put up with this.

I do use Travelodge quite a lot and generally find them to be clean and efficient - this one appears to be the exception. Disgraceful organisation.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank Michael A
TravelodgeUK, Remy from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Derby Cricket Ground hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2018

Thank you for your review.

We apologise for the issues you experienced during your stay with us and we would like to look into this further for you. May we kindly request you contact us with your review via our website so our customer service team can investigate your comments.

Thank you again for posting your comments and we hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed May 15, 2018

This was a reasonable hotel for the price, but my stay was spoilt by some of the other guests who seemed to be noisily celebrating a victory of the local soccer team. Had there been a phone in the room, I would have phoned reception to complain but there was no phone. Otherwise my stay was uneventful

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge

Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We're awfully sorry to hear that internal noise affected your visit to our Derby Cricket Ground hotel. Please rest assured your feedback enables us to improve the service we offer.

Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back and continue improving your views on Travelodge.

Reviewed May 14, 2018

We have stayed in this hotel and it's predecessors for 13 years and this was our worst stay.The hotel looks good and the rooms are ok but customer service is not good and breakfast could be a lot better.
Some rooms overlook the cricket ground but you have to ring the hotel direct and even when this is promised it did not happen so don't waste your money on the call.

• Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
1  Thank margaretcraigie99
TravelodgeUK, Joe from the Social Media Team at Travelodge Derby Cricket Ground hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2018

We would like to thank you for taking the time to advise of your recent stay at our Derby Cricket Ground hotel.

It is only through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and indeed, where necessary improve upon the service that we provide to our valued guests. We were disappointed to read of your experience during your stay with us.

Whilst an apology will regrettably not alter the outcome of your experience on this occasion, we do thank you for taking the time to share your experience so these issues can be resolved to ensure that this does not repeat for other guests.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope this does not deter you from staying with us in the future.