$94
$84
  • Pool
$55
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $64/night.

$65
$140
$78
$47
$70
$62
Savings alert! 22% below average rates

The price you found is 22% lower than this hotel's average rate of $79/night.

$63
The Coach House(Derby)
$89
$74
$92
$50
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $62/night.

$63
$61
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 9, 2009

If it is a good night's sleep you are looking for, then this hotel is NOT for you.
My partner and I recently stayed at the International Hotel, naturally we requested a double room, thinking that it would be of a fair size, with a bed to match. However, much to our disappointment, the room was too small, and the bed was not much bigger. For that of a supposed double mattress, ours looked like a single and a half.

The flooring was an old, fairly dirty and dusty carpet (probably full of moth balls). The room was far too warm and full of DUST, to the point that it became uncomfortable. We found we were unable to breathe properly when trying to sleep due to the heat of the room combined with the amount of dust we were inhaling in our lungs. Any asthma sufferer would not have made it through the night. How is that for health and safety? The room only had a small window so it was very difficult for fresh air to circulate. Also, the mattress was uncomfortable, i could feel the springs, not only could i feel them, they dug into my back and i could not get comfortable. No surprise I woke up in the morning with back pain. The amount of times we woke up in the night, tossing and turning, was ridiculous.

The bathroom also had a carpet, which was partly coming away from the floorboards. Again, not a particularly clean carpet. However, on a plus side, the shower attached to the bath was powerful. Also, the toilet and sink areas were clean.

Again on the plus side, there was free internet/wifi access in the hotel which was great, and i would like to comment on the politness and efficiency of the hotel staff. When we needed towels or soap etc, they were brouhgt up to us promptly.

My partner and i drove by car, so we made use of the hotel's car park. This was situated down a very steep hill, which was quite scary to drive up and down.

In summary, you get what you pay for with this hotel. Luckily our stay was only for the night, however it left me feeling exhausted the following day, especially as i had travelled all the way up to Derby for an interview, which needless to say, I needed to be alert and awake for! I regretted staying at this hotel, and for only £15-20 more, we could have stayed in a much better, comfortable and good value for money hotel.

Avoid room 107!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank hotelreviewsRus
Reviewed February 26, 2009

Stayed here over the weekend to visit family in Derby. The entry is not spectacular and needs work but my single room was perfectly fine for the low cost. Clean, functional and relartively spacious. Furniture is from the 50's, but I was only there to sleep and pack. If you want a full service hotel with beautiful facilities--this is not your place. But if you just need a clean, decent place to stay, then it is a great deal. My only complaint is that breakfast did not start until 8AM and both days I had to be out by 730 AM so didn't get to try it.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed February 23, 2009

We were staying as a family attending a function, 4 rooms in total. The welcome we received from reception was not a welcome, the rooms we were given were very dated.
When we tried to make ourselves ready for the function none of our party of four rooms had hot water, no-one was able to have a bath or shower. When we mentioned this to the staff they were "indifferent" it was as if we were an inconvenience. The function went well, the food was good, although the waiting staff, did not seem to know where they were going to take the food, it was not served table by table, the waiting staff shouted who is having this!! Breakfast was a nightmare, not enough food, we waited half an hour for a table, our group could not sit together. We had to stop on the way home to have breakfast as we left the dining room hungry. All in all our weekend away was spoiled by surly staff, I would not go there again.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 1, 2009

Recently stayed here for a weekend break. Got a special deal break for 2 single rooms so was a little dubious as to what to expect! First sighting on arrival was a thread-bare stair carpet which seemed to confirm my pre-arrival suspicions, however any doubts I had ended there. The Receptionist was very welcoming and informative. The bedrooms were a generous size for singles, both with very different but pleasant en-suites and with ample storage. It wasn't our intention to eat at the hotel in the evening but due to a football match in the City on the first night we decided it was a better option-and I'm very glad we did! The food was lovely - I couldn't fault anything with my 3 courses- and the main came with a good variety of fresh vegetables and the service was second to none! (Wouldn't recommend the hot chocolate drink though-very watery and not a hint of cream on top!). Breakfast was also very good with a good selection although we did feel it could have been improved if they'd cleared away used plates etc a bit quicker.
Overall though, all the staff in the hotel were very friendly and pleasant and for the money we paid, an excellent stay.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed January 11, 2009

This hotel is located walking distance from the city centre with plenty of off street parking Although the decor is a bit tired, the room was clean &spacious, the bed very comfortable with clean linen and plenty of towels. The bathroom could do with updating but hey all the plumbing worked!. The breakfast was a buffet style with lots of choice for a full English (the bacon was cooked nicely)as well as cereal and fruit. Toast, tea and coffee was supplied fresh as required. All this for £45 per room per night. There is a very good hotel restaurant called the Thyme which have reasonably priced meals which are of an excellent standard. I would stay here again if I am in this part of the country and will be recommending this hotel to family and friends.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple