International Hotel
$74
Agoda.com
$61
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Derby Pride Park(Derby)(Great Value!)
$51
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
$62
PremierInn.com
Premier Inn Derby East Hotel(Derby)(Great Value!)
$62
$61
$140
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Excellent value we stayed here on Saturday 15th March 2014, we were attending a family party in the centre of Derby. All I can say is that it was a perfect location only a few minutes walk into town for the younger generation, we took a taxi £2.60, not being so able bodied, which the hotel receptionist obtained for us. Very pleasant staff and a lovely fresh room with everything that you could wish for and plenty of space to move about. On Sunday morning we enjoyed a very very good breakfast, there were a number of cereals and fruit to choose from I chose the fresh fruit salad followed by an excellent full English breakfast and I must say it was one of the best breakfasts that I have had in an hotel, beautifully cooked and very filling. And yes fresh mushrooms not tinned!! We would recommend this hotel without question.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 5, 2014

I am writing this review whilst sitting in my hotel room, and as far as I am concerned, I would ignore some of the more outlandish criticisms, it is all down to expectations.
Having read some of the comments, I wasn't expecting a lot, so it has come as a welcome surprise to see how OK it is.
No - its not sophisticated, nor up-market but my room is clean and airy and far more spacious than I thought I was going to get.
And I've just had a very beautifully cooked meal of steak and ale pie with fresh vegetables. Nothing like the Brakes Bros food I was expecting, nor like the fast-food options of establishments like the Harvester.
The staff have been welcoming, and it was nice to be left alone to eat my meal in peace, without be badgered, asking me if everything was OK
So far so good. And if everything is the same tomorrow, then I reckon the breakfast will be fine too.
and.....it has been excellent value for money. At £39 for B&B with free Wi-Fi in the room (don't get that at the Ramada Encore) and free parking (via Laterooms) I'm not complaining. I've stayed in a lot worse for a lot more

Room Tip: I had room 115 if that helps. It was away form the main road
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed here for a business trip. The facilities in the room were good - the bathroom was absolutely massive and the shower was refreshingly powerful.
The manager however, and receptionist were absolutely vile. I was treated as a complete inconvenience, and asking for something as simple as the wifi code (which didn't work) or the TV remote (which had been stolen) was turned into a massive deal. The receptionist was huffing and puffing and was incredibly short.
The room itself, although clean, was really outdated. The paint was all chipped and worn.
I struggled to sleep due to the plumbing noises- it sounded like the shower was turning off and on repeatedly. It was too hot, and I couldn't get the window open. The noise of the fan was just too loud to keep on at night.
My room faced the road, and the noise of the cars, shouting and screaming was just awful.

I think you get what you pay for. I know my company paid £29 for this single room, but I wouldn't recommend staying here if you have the choice.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ImogenS93
Reviewed February 25, 2014

I don't know where to begin with this hotel.... We visited Derby for a 2 night break, the first night we stayed at the Premier inn west, which was very nice, clean and quiet, no problems at all. I wanted our 2nd night to a bit more of a treat so I booked a suite at The International Hotel Burton Rd Derby.... Jesus!!!! The polite receptionist took my payment upon arrival, she wasn't sure if the room had been cleaned as someone had booked this room the night before but it hadn't been slept in... so sent me to check it over... NICE!!! upon arrival to the suite located to the side of the hotel I was pleasantly surprised as it was a nice size and warm... however after 5 minutes I realized I had made a BIG mistake booking at this hotel.... Run down and in poor condition is an understatement, this place was disgusting as you will see in the photos. the whole of the ceilings (office style) were badly stained from obvious leaks to the roof, especially in the bathroom the ceiling looked like someone had been massacred!!! The mould was so bad on the walls by the loo that the paint was crumbling and hanging off, the door handles were broken and left, the remote control for the DVD had buttons pressed in and unusable, red stains on the cream carpet...... I'm hoping this was wine!! Uhhh.... oh yea above the king-size bed was a fan that belonged in the bathroom, however it was directly above the bed all broken and you got this feeling some perv could be peeking, however the fan inside was decorated with thick dirt...I imagined waking up looking like I had been in a scrap with a muck spreader. The paneled ceiling office lights were split and the ceiling spotlight was minging with cobwebs. The ceiling above the Jacuzzi was bowing probably from the damp ceiling.... Basically being your average Joe, I still was NOT prepared to stay in this hovel. So went to reception to complain, only to be offered a family room inside the hotel....My reply.... if your "suites" are this bad, why would I want a family room? after being asked to take a look at the renovated family room I decided I had nothing to lose.... we traipsed up through numerous very narrow corridors and got lost looking for this room, had there been a fire we would of stood No chance, took 10 mins to find way back to reception as every turn led to hotel room doors... We never got to see the renovated room as I was that fed up.
We accidentally found the reception and was all I needed to get the hell out and get a refund!!!! We ended up back at the Premier Inn and paid a little more as it was a Saturday night, but by this time I would of paid any amount of money to get this nightmare over with.... Within 10 mins of arriving in Premier inn we were relaxed warm and grateful...... I would never have thought The International would be such a dump and I am very surprised that they are allowed to rent out these suites, they look like they should be condemned by environmental health.... It wasn't until later that I realized what the receptionist had meant when she said.... " oh the room was let last night but it wasn't slept in"...... Jesus, no wonder, the people before me probably left when they saw the state of it too!!!!! Suite 409 AVOID.... better still floor the gas pedal all the way up Burton Rd.

Room Tip: Tip of the day..... Avoid this hotel... If the Suites are this bad, I hate to think what the lower end rooms are like
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Lisa C
Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

Me and my fiancé stayed here for our valentines weekend, I decided to write a review because this was partly a business trip too.
After seeing all the negative comments I have to say that my fears where not justified.
Rooms were clean comfortable and just what we needed.
Breakfast was served by a lovely young man

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple