“Very pleasently suprised”

Hallmark Inn
Ranked #21 of 29 Hotels in Derby
“Very pleasently suprised”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wanted to get into the other Hallmark Hotel directly opposite the railway station after reading reviews on both hotels on trip advisor. I booked 2 x rooms for saturday 25th may and was pleasently suprised. The reception staff were courteous and helpful when booking in. They advised us how to get to the Westfield shopping centre and gave us a map. The rooms were more than adequate for our short stay. The price we paid included breakfast on Sunday morning. Again the staff were attentive and the cooked breakfast better than some I have had in larger hotels.
I agree with some of the poeple who have posted about the noise from the main road. Try and get rooms overlooking the car park at the back of the hotel. All in all I was more than happy with our stay and would recommend the Hallmark Inn .....epecially if you are coming to Derby by train and want a central location.

Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Rhombus
DCroasdale, General Manager at Hallmark Inn, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Thanks for your review and the positive comments about the hotel, I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Hinckley,Leicestershire
Reviewed May 26, 2013 via mobile

Booked a Saturday night stay with Groupon. Hotel easy to find by car, but train and bus stations within walking distance. Plenty of free parking, and check-in was easy and friendly. Room was clean, bed comfy, all the comforts you'd want. Westfield shopping centre was just 10 mins walk away, and there were lots of restaurants, shops, pubs and take-outs really close to the hotel. We enjoyed a couple of hours in the Royal Telegraph .... Give it a try.

We enjoyed a lie-in, so didn't have brekkie, but it was served until 10am on Sunday morning.

All in all, a great night for a very cheap deal. We have stayed in places for twice the price and been really disappointed. There were no bad points to this hotel at all. Book now!!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank LynchyinHinckley
Thanks for your great review, I’m so pleased you had a super stay with us at the Inn, keep an eye on our website we have some great package deals. Hope to see you back soon.
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night whilst away on business. Room was nicely proportioned and clean. Had window open and was not disturbed by outside noises. Breakfast was a buffet arrangement and was enjoyable. Would use again if the need arises

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Dutch199
DCroasdale, General Manager at Hallmark Inn, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Belper, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 19, 2013

As part of my business I use the Hallmark group of hotels a fair bit.

This is the first time I've used the Inn at Derby. There is plenty of parking, the check in was very smooth and easy and my room easily surpassed its 3 star rating. The room was clean and comfortable.

The breakfast was definitely up to scratch and plenty of choice.

I would use this hotel again, room 253....

Room Tip: Just book it...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Another great 5 star review! Thanks so much for the review I’m so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. We are a small chain of hotel who really focus on the quality and service we deliver to our guest, we are very really proud of the team here and your comments have been passed on to them all.
liverpool
Reviewed May 13, 2013

not the greatest hotel for sure,but we wanted somewhere to sleep and have breakfast.did what it said on the label.we knew it was a budget hotel, but was better than that.reception was helpful and polite.rooms although basic were spotless and comfortable.yes there was only one biscuit but we only wanted one!breakfast was plentiful and hot.don,t be put off by any negative reviews, if you want hilton then go to the hilton.

Room Tip: ask for a room over the car park as it is quieter
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Wow what can I say 5 stars thanks for a fantastic review! I’m so pleased you had a great stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.
leicestershire
Reviewed May 12, 2013

i stayed at the Hallmark Inn during a weekend shopping trip to Derby. There is a Hallmark Hotel opposite the train station which is NOT to be confused with the Hallmark Inn. After being told by a snooty receptionist that i was at the wrong hotel, i walked round the corner and found my destination. The entrance to the hotel is at the back of the building and it reminded me of an entrance to an office block more than a hotel. I tried to check into my room to be told that it wasn't ready but if i wished i could leave my bag at reception and come back later. This was a bit annoying as i was looking forward to a cup of tea and freshen up before hitting the shops. So i reluctantly left my bag with the receptionist and disappeared into town. I returned to the hotel around 5ish and was (thankfully) given my room key. The receptionist eventually remembered that she had my bag and passed it over to me.
My room was clean and tidy with the necessary acoutrements needed for a nights stay. However, i was annoyed to find someone else's sports top hanging on my radiator. I had also requested some herbal teabags to be left in my room but these sadly hadnt been left out. When i broached this at reception i was furnished with some green teabags (why hadnt these been left in my room as requested????) and the receptionist offered to swap my room over when i mentioned the leftover sports top.
i had a drink in the bar before i went into town and found it to be over priced. It wasnt as cosy as i was expecting and as the bar staff were also covering reception for the evening shift i felt less than welcoming. Upon returning to the hotel later that evening i asked for a corkscrew which was eventually procured by disturbing one of the staff in their room.
Would i stay here again??? only if i bring my own teabags, corkscrew and wine with me!!!

Room Tip: dont make any special requests
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time and trouble to leave a review, we take all feedback from our guest very seriously and try to use feedback to improve future guest care. I’m sorry you tried to check into the wrong hotel, with regards to not being allowed to check into your room this was because it was quite early in the day we do advertise check in from 2.00pm but if rooms are free before we will give them out before. I’m sorry the herbal tea bags hadn’t been placed in your room on arrival; With regards to the corkscrew we serve a full range of wines, beers, sprits etc in our bar we don’t have the equipment to “lend” corkscrews to all out guest and I think the fact the night porter went and woke up the late duty manager shows guest care behold the call of duty. I note from all your other Tripadvisor reviews you never give more than a 2/3 star, so I’m not sure if we should be pleased or not?
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Always a pleasure to stay here, rooms are clean, flat scrern tv, free coffee making facilties, staff are very helpful, and free wifi throughout the hotel. Just located right out side the derby train station. Highly Recommend !

• Stayed April 2013
What a fantastic review thanks a million!!
We are really proud of our hotel, quality of food and our team and comments like this make all the hard work worth while, hope we’ll see you again.