1,295 results
All reviews city centre free car parking full english railway station excellent value for money
Selected filters
Reviewed March 24, 2019

Let’s start with the positives first.... the bed was comfy, and the shower was powerful. I’m afraid that’s about it. We had booked an executive room which stated air conditioning, mini fridge, luxury toiletries, and home baked cookies (!?) in addition to the standard room. When we arrived in our room, we had to hunt for the tea making facilities - they were in the drawer! I couldn’t find the hairdryer until I pulled the chair out from under the desk... it was on the floor (of course, silly me!). The home baked cookies were um... a pack of 3 shorties from a catering pack. Hardly home baked, unless you work for Coronet (the supplier). The mini fridge looked like it hadn’t seen a cloth or cleaning spray since it was purchased. The luxury toiletries was a tube of shampoo and shower gel. The room was very warm, so we decided to put the air con unit on, but then discovered thick dust in the vents so didn’t bother. When we got into bed, we realised the walls were paper thin. The guy next door loved the sound of his own voice (sadly, we didn’t) and had to listen to it up to 3am. It was the worst night sleep I’ve ever had in a hotel, and I feel £81 was a complete rip off for what was on offer. The breakfast was ok, could’ve been hotter but the selection was good. I won’t be staying here again, I’d get a better deal at Premier Inn. Just one thing to note, the car park gets full very quickly and we were lucky to grab the last space at 9pm.

Room tip: Go somewhere else
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2019

I booked this is a 'cozy' room based on the price, expecting it to be small, which it was but still with plenty of room and great facilities. The hotel is really close to the main shopping area in Derby and has a secure car park. Much of the hotel appears to have been refurbished, the only aspect I could criticise was the carpeting in the corridors and room which seemed to fall well below the standard of everything else.

Room tip: Park at the front and drop bags off before parking in the car park, it's along walk back as no rear entrance.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 18, 2019 via mobile

Booked into the Stuart and was disappointed to have to carry my suitcase and work bag up 2 flights of stairs that were narrow. Rooms were dated and there were stains on the walls and carpets, duvet was lumpy and had seen better days. Ok for a short stay, wouldn’t want to stay longer.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank witherss2018
Reviewed March 12, 2019

The company had booked the suite for me to present an evening training session so it made sense to stay overnight.
The rooms were clean and comfortable - I had one of the best nights sleep I have had in a hotel. The only minor negative is the tendency of hotels to use low light output light fittings and the desk area was a little dark.
Evening meal in the restaurant was good quality and served quickly. I had the steak and kidney which was tasty and a good sized portion.
Breakfast was served quickly and was very hot - watch you don't burn your mouth on the sausages! Again very pleasant.
Welcome at the desk and the help when there was a mix up of times meant the staff get a big thank you.
The hotel is of an era and style which is comfortable.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed March 12, 2019

The hotel was very modern and the staff were very friendly and polite. However, there was a lot of noise such as drunks, fire alarms and heating sounds, the desk had a broken leg and the pressure of the water in the shower was very high. The bed was comfy and the hotel provided wifi, a kettle, tea, coffee, mug, iron board, safe, wardrobe, desk, sink, lights and a toilet. The price i paid was out standing.

• Trip type: Traveled solo