Best Western The Stuart Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
1,184 results
All reviewscity centrefree car parkingfull englishrailway stationexcellent value for moneywestfield
Reviewed March 27, 2014

We stayed one night and it was worst choice of hotel we've ever made. Room was filthy - partner had to actually clean the toilet seat with soap and hot water (due to a brown substance being on the seat!!). Remote was all sticky and the nets in the bathroom were GREY with dirt. Room itself was tiny and claustrophic. When we first went up to our room, I thought the couple opposite were being a bit loud. Turns out the beds are just basically next to the door so privacy isn't an option. The bed itself was very comfortable but to be honest, that was like putting a palace with no plumbing in the middle of a desert. Very nice, but of no real benefit due to other disturbances.

The bath was too small even for me at 5ft2! Heating didn't work in bathroom so that was absolutely freezing. Single-glazed windows in room overlooking staff car park so we were treated to the loud humming noise of some kind of air conditioning unit throughout the night. To add insult to injury, the chambermaids woke us up in the morning. Despite the clear DO NOT DISTURB sign, they felt it appropriate to be shouting and calling their conversation from different rooms to each other. Even more tastefully, this was a lovely conversation about being "twanged" with an elastic band and getting a blood blister.

When we mentioned these things at Reception upon checkout, the man looked quite stumped as to how best to deal with us. I think staff in this hotel are in need of some serious re-training about where their priorities should lie. It's the first time we've ever checked out of a hotel early and we were glad to be gone.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Piscean2014
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Make staff.. So rude they shouldn't be allowed to work in the customer service industry. Lady at breakfast was lovely but literally the worst cystine service skills from a duty manager I've ever experienced in my life!!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Bubba12345678
Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

The only reason for booking this hotel was that my travel plans changed the last minute resulting in my accommodation options being limited. I chose this hotel as it was close to the station and professed to be a 4 star. Plus the rate was good. The area the hotel is in is in serious need of rejuvenation. The room is stayed in can only be described as a tiny shoe box. It was right by the fire door and stairs so a peaceful sleep was always going to be a tall ask. The decor in the room had seen better days and my cupboard floor had fallen in. The room was so small that it could ou accommodate a 3/4 bath.
The worst part of the hotel wasn't that the phone system was not working or that you had to use an Ethernet cable to connect to the free 'wifi' in the room (so no smart devices could use the wifi). The wort part was the inept and hopeless breakfast staff. First I was told to wait 10 minutes until a table became available despite many tables being open which simply a quite turn around in the cleaning department. I sat there with three other guests for no less than 15 minutes simply being ignored. Yes, the hotel was full and there were a lot of guests to serve. But the very least they could have done was acknowledge us and to say that we will get to you as soon as we can. I am afraid you won't catch me at a Best Western again. Thanks to they duty manager for his apology and for taking my breakfast rate off the bill. He seemed the only day of hope.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed March 16, 2014

After buying a short break online we arrived hotel which did not look that bad so went to check in which was a long time as they where sort staffed.Got the keys for the room and went up to get changed and look round all seemed ok there.Tried to get a round of drinks still sort staffed but later in the day was ok. Went out for a walk round town and back to hotel for evening meal which is where i have to complement the hotel it was first class.Back to the room which at this point was very hot and seemed to have a problem with the drains as it smelt bad !! Windows open for night all ok till next door having major row.Early start breakfast was first class so that is the hotels strong point

Room Tip: cheap rooms value
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank pedal_pusher10
Reviewed March 16, 2014

Room was good but the bathroom awful. The toilet struggled to flush even a single piece of tissue. The shower wasn't fixed to the wall properly. The shower kept dropping pressure and dribbled out. The sink plug would get stuck. The bath was very small making it difficult. The air conditioning remote didn't work. Very noisy room next to the stairs. One small bin in the bathroom but nothing in the room. No desk lamp. Staff didn't greet you or make any effort to make you feel welcome. When given a list of complaints about the room I had no apologies or recognition. Not impressed.

• Stayed: March 2014