“Cold Chips, Soggy Fish and a very unhelpful Assistant”
Review of George's Tradition

George's Tradition
Ranked #317 of 622 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Well known in our area
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Having seen previous reviews , decided to call into the Allestree branch,
ordered three meals agree not the cheapest Fish and Chip shop but the decor and seating are lovely, Food terrible, afternoon about 3.40 store busy with school children but no problem plenty of room, ordered three meals, Food terrible , Chips cold and mainly end of batch with mostly crunchy hard small chips, fish cold and batter soggy, peas more runny than mushy, staff made you feel you had interrupted their day talking and joking , my advise find a traditional Fish Shop pay less and get hot quality food may overall opinion Decor 5* , Food 1* Staff 1* I wont be calling again

2  Thank karanEngland

Reviewed October 17, 2013

We ate here last week and cannot complain about anything really, we have eaten here on many occasions before in the past having both Fish & Chips and also food off the other menu, I think the great thing about Georges is the service and the consistency of the food, always of a high standard, we have taken family here before and they agreed with them saying they are the best fish & chips they have ever had!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Living in Derbyshire, as far from the sea as you can get on this small island of ours, we have a plethora of great fish and chip places to visit.

The best of these is Georges. He has two places that I have visited. The Thorn tree pub at Woodlinkin. It has a large conservatory and comfy chairs. Being a pub it serves alcohol if you wish. The shop at Belper has a take away and a restaurant but is on the side of the A6. There is ample parking at or near both establishments.

At both places the food is consistently good with light batter, large tasty moist fish, great chips and mushy peas. If you want something other than fish that too is catered for and I'm told are very good. I keep saying I will try something other than fish but it hasn't happened yet.

The staff are friendly and helpful whichever restaurant or take away you go to. You come away not only full but satisfied without being bloated.

Believe me it is worth a try.

1  Thank Barbara G
Reviewed August 31, 2013

I love these chip shops with a passion . Very hard to find fault with, I go to the Long Eaton and Chilwell one . Amazing Chips every time. Not the cheapest place but you pay for the best quality. I wish they were based all over the Country.

Reviewed August 4, 2013 via mobile

Brought a LARGE gluten free fish and chips cost 5.40 I think it was with some mushy peas and the fish was no bigger than my hand dont want to know what the small gluten free fish and chips is like! Gonna stick to king street chippy!

1  Thank matt_bates18