Open today: 9:30 AM - 5:30 PM
Review Highlights
Lovely friendly place

Went with neice and nephew,fair entry price and plenty to do and keep kids entertained for a good... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
hollyfitz89
Derby, United Kingdom
via mobile
Enjoyable visit and amazing ice cream!

Reviewed September 1, 2019
j_chana
London, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews ice cream play area bouncy pillow sand pit tractor ride feeding the animals corn pit guinea pigs panini small animals sorbet animal food play equipment cakes lovely afternoon lovely place to visit entrance fee
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We have visited Bluebells many times and seen it grow over the years. Today I am sorry to say will probably be our last visit... the road in is getting worse in terms of pot holes, we waited well over 5 minutes at the entrance hut, there was no queue, just no staff to actually pay to enter!! A man the other side was waiting for ice cream and actually suggested we just enter as he had been waiting ages!! No tractor rides running, no maze open?!?? We were not given any indication of timings so were left to our own devices. The ice cream as always was fantastic but we can buy this from the village shop

Date of experience: September 2019
Oliver B, General Manager at Bluebell's Dairy, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi
Thanks for your review. We take all feedback into consideration and you raise some good points that I will investigate further.

The Maize Maze and tractor rides finished on 8th September as advertised on the website and all other material.

We are constantly repairing the road to fill in pot holes, unfortunately if you visited after some heavy rain then it will probably be worse but rest assured it has been patched again in the week. We would love to tarmac it but it just isn't possible yet, but we will get there!

I'm sorry you had a 5 minute wait at the cabin it should have been manned at all times. On entrance you should have been given a time table for the day again I will check why this didn't happen. However there is also a board by the Animal Patch with details of the days activities.

Again I apologise your visit wasn't up to our usual standard but please don't let one bad experience put you off. If you have any other comments or questions then please don't hesitate to contact me at oliver@bluebelldairy.co.uk

Best regards
Oliver Brown

Reviewed September 5, 2019

A great day out for the family. We took our granddaughter here and had an excellent time. Seeing all the animals was lovely and we had the chance to take part in some of the summer activities including the bug experience. We also did the tractor ride to see the cows but didn’t get time for the maize maze. Lots of outdoor play equipment for the kids, the giant inflatable pillow was a huge hit. Nice café with a good selection of lovely ice-cream. Good value for what’s available.

Reviewed September 1, 2019

Visited here with 2 and a half year old granddaughter. Lots to do she particularly enjoyed the bouncing pillow and feeding the animals. Warning, take your own food. There are plenty of picnic benches and hand washing facilities around the farm. My daughter fancied a sausage roll from the outside catering kiosk, actually in the farm. This cost £3.95!! While it was of substantial size it was not worth that amount. Is this the most expensive sausage roll in Derbyshire? It was served in a paper bag. I do think that Bluebell dairy need to look at the costing of food, especially that served outdoors. On the whole good visit, but do take your own food and drink of 9n a tight budget.

Date of experience: September 2019
Reviewed September 1, 2019 via mobile

I took my 3.5 year old nephew to Bluebells during a stay in Derby and it did not disappoint. There were plenty of play areas for the children (play park, sand pit, bouncy pillow, lots of mini car rides, play barn with haystacks, and some others we didn't get around to seeing). I expected to only spend around an hour or so here but it ended up being about 4 hours!

They had a programme of events / activities every hour. The bug handling lasted about half an hour and the staff that hosted it did a great job - she was really knowledgable and made my nephew feel really comfortable to try and hold the bugs (thank you!).

The small pet handling only had a rabbit but we came a few mins late so may have missed some info there. Everyone seemed to enjoy it :)

We grabbed some lunch at the cafe which was really nice and the portions seemed quite big! Warning - it is quite noisy in there (as expected when its packed with children). We did pop in towards the end of our trip when it was much calmer and quieter, to grab some dessert. The sundaes were amazing! They also have a little children's area in the cafe - great to keep the little ones busy.

I do agree with some of the points below regarding bigger signage around the areas and supporting a better path. I would also recommend calling in advance to check their timetable of events if needed. We arrived around 11.30 thinking one of the activities was taking place at 12 but the timetable given on the day had different info the website.

Despite that it was a lovely visit and I would recommend it for a day out with the little ones or to grab some tasty ice cream! They seem to have a lot of different events coming up too.

Reviewed August 30, 2019

I came here with 2 young children. I hadn’t realised the entry had gone up, I went expecting to spend an hour or 2 for a couple of pound each.

Instead it cost £6.50 each, including adults. We did manage to spend a good 4 hours here, my children really enjoyed all the different play areas, especially the bale mountain and the bouncing pillow.

I did feel though that there are a few areas to improve on, especially with the increased entrance price.

Firstly, the paths were covered in a kind of large gravel/stones that was nearly impossible to push a pushchair on. Given the majority of people visiting the farm have young children, I think more consideration should be given to the suitability of the paths for pushchairs.

Secondly, I found there weren’t many signs showing where things were (and the signs that there were, were small, handwritten and easily missed). I couldn’t actually find where the toilets were, and when I did find them there weren’t enough cubicles meaning long queues, which isn’t ideal when you have a young child in need. I think we must have missed some of the animals as they weren’t signposted very well, we saw lots of sheep, some ponies, alpacas and a large rabbit. I did expect a few more animals on a farm! There was also a lot of retracing our steps to get to different areas- we could see where we wanted to go but found a fence or locked gate in the way and had to try a different route!

Thirdly, we weren’t given any information about the different activities (and times). I saw some people had them, so perhaps this was an oversight when we paid? Or maybe they were put on a counter somewhere and we just didn’t see them? A map of the park would be a good idea to give out too!

Date of experience: August 2019
Oliver B, General Manager at Bluebell's Dairy, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2019

Hi Rebecca

Thanks for your feedback.

Firstly I think for some reason, you weren't given the map and animal timetable which would have dealt with a lot of your issues. Including locations of toilets, animals, maize maze, tractor ride, etc. I'm sorry this happened. The ducks, chickens, turkeys and guinea fowl were all next to the rabbits so I'm unsure as to why you didn't see those. We have lots of animals to see including goats, cows, sheep, cameroon sheep, rabbits, ponies, alpacas, pigs, chickens, turkeys and donkeys. Plus there is also the bug handling during our Summer Holiday Event. The animal timetable is also on display in the animal patch.. I will look into why you didn't receive your map and timetable.

I totally agree on our paths. We only laid most of these last October and they haven't set as hard as they should. This is something we are still busy working on but the Summer Holidays has stopped progress.

Again thank you for you feedback we will take it all into consideration.

Best Regards