All reviews pride park stayed here room was clean beans city centre chiquitos free wifi the sofa bed football stadium football ground quiet at night football match train station nice breakfast air conditioning breakfast was included family room
Selected filters
Reviewed January 7, 2019

We stayed on the 4 jan for 2 nights. To be honest Im a bit gobsmacked at the comments from previous reviewers. Our experience was nothing like theirs. We found the hotel clean, our room was on the front but was very quiet. We didnt hear the early door banging you normally hear in hotels. The public areas were very clean and tidy ( no tables with finished glasses or crockery) My partner is a general manager and is VERY particular and he was quite satisfied with our stay. The staff were very helpful and eager to please. We had a dripping tap and someone came to the room within minutes.( ?Rob the duty mamager?) The breakfast was basic but entirely satisfactory.
For us this hotel represented really good value for money.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Angela N, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2019

Dear MazAbbott

Thank you for your review of the Holiday Inn Express Derby.

I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, we do love to hear such nice comments from our guests. Customer satisfaction is our number 1 priority and we work very hard to maintain high standards, even during our busiest periods.

We do hope that you will return to stay with us again in the future.

Kind Regards
Angela

Reviewed January 6, 2019 via mobile

Had a lovely stay here for the evening. The staff were very helpful, I had arrived quite late because my train was delayed to it was lovely to arrive to a warm service. The sleep was good and I didn’t want to leave the bed the following morning! Although the pair of dirty boxers shoved behind the curtains wasn’t the nicest of things to see, I enjoyed my stay but I would just advise anyone you get what you pay for. I had a nice stay but probably wouldn’t return as I felt after seeing someone’s underwear left behind the curtain, the room probably hadn’t been fully cleaned before I arrived.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear Nic1997nic,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your recent stay with us.

I am pleased that you were impressed with the welcome and levels of service offered by the team , we do want every guest to feel comfortable and relaxed during their stay .

I am so sorry to hear that the room had not ben cleaned to our usual high standards and to assure you that this matter has been brought to the attention of the Housekeeper and her team. We do get many comments congratulating us on the levels of cleanliness, therefore I do hope that you will see that this was an unfortunate error and book with us again on your next visit to the area.

Kind Regards
Angela N

Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

On checkin told room wasn’t ready but was 30 mins early,so thought we would have a cup of tea at hotel bar £3.35 a cup we went outside and got it cheaper first room 314 toilet broken so they moved us to room 17 which had the sofa bed made up and couldn’t move had to get that put back later as it got colder the air con heater would not heat up they had to give us a heater.
Look like we had a hole punch in bathroom door which had just been filled in,room was clean but had connecting door to next room so we could hear their tv till late.
Breakfast everything had run out had to wait for bacon bread milk they can’t fill the buffet up quick enough.
We stayed at the middlesbrough holiday in what a difference I rated them 5/5 the only benefit of staying at this hotel is free parking

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
803lindseyb, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Derby Pride Park, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2019

Dear Karen C,

Thank you for sharing your comments.

Please email gm@expressderby.co.uk at your earliest convenience and we’ll be able to look into your experience at the hotel.

Reviewed January 2, 2019 via mobile

Well what can I say about this place???
We had come from 3 pleasant days in HIE Middlesbrough which was 5/5 and the two were like chalk and cheese.
All along corridors booze bottles had been left outside people's rooms and not collected.
First room we were given we had got virtually unpacked to find toilet cistern lid and wooden cover on floor in bathroom with no flush for toilet.
Man then arrived to say "Oh yeah, you shouldn't have been given that room" and "will try and fix" so we had to move.
Next room had a bed made up for 3 but okay we put that away.
Big hole in wooden toilet door had been filled with white filler.
Furniture old and decrepit.
Put in a room with interconnecting door so you could hear next doors TV and all conversations late at night.
The heating system did not work and all girl did was shrug her shoulders and bring in a portable heater.
Bed awful and uncomfortable and back killing this morning.
Now to breakfast.....
Had cereal... No milk. Had to ask to refill.
Went to get toast.... No bread. Had to ask to refill.
Went to get bacon... None left and gave up and sat down.
Waited 30 mins to see if staff would notice and cook some more.
Nobody did.
Surely someone should be monitoring the food?
Lot if kids around just leaving lids up on food containers and no one cared a jot.
Good luck if you stay in this dump.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Neil C,

Thanks for taking the time to review our hotel.

We’re disappointed to read your review as this is not up to our usual standards. I’d like to invite you to email gm@expressderby.co.uk so we can investigate your review comments further.

Reviewed January 1, 2019

I am an IHG member. I usually stay in this hotel for a couple of nights over Christmas as a treat as normally this hotel can be quite expensive. This stay was quite different; as I walked along the corridor to my room 221 I could smell drugs. I recognised the smell due to my job. My room was tidy and clean; however the toilet had not been cleaned properly it was quite dirty. As it was about 1.00am Boxing day I did not go back down to reception but reported the toilet when I left the hotel later on that morning.

I stayed over 2 nights and I hardly slept on either nights; reason was the pillows!!
I am sure this was the chain of hotels that used to offer a choice of pillows and guaranteed pillow comfort. I had 4 on my bed but all 4 were hard and lumpy. I am truly disappointed with my stay; usually I find this hotel comfortable, clean and relaxing. The smell of drugs could be smelt each night as I walked along the corridor to my room; I was really surprised that the hotel staff, cleaners, housekeeping etc. did not report /do something about the issue. I have not ruled out using this hotel again but I do feel they have not been as thorough with their attention to cleanliness and details as I have come to expect from this chain.

Date of stay: December 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo

Dear mazzymaz,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and for being an IHG Rewards Club member.

We’re pleased to know our handy location was suited to your needs and it’s nice to see your comments about the cleanliness and tidiness of your room.

We’re sorry to hear of the issues you encountered during your stay. If you can please email gm@expressderby.co.uk at your earliest convenience, we will investigate this.