“Well worth a look”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Made very welcome by attentitive staff, lots of choices on the specials and just right portion sizes. We will be back , one surprise only 11 tables taken on a Saturday night but best to book.

1  Thank martin1967ad
There are newer reviews for The Cinnamon Tree

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I planned to take my boyfriend here for our anniversary. On turning up outside I was a little dubious as it was set within other newsagents and shops. However the environment inside was beautifully contemporary, clean and welcoming. Service was extremely good with waiters being very polite and attentive with a waiting period only occuring as more people turned up to dine there (and who can blame them). The food was beautiful, i had a tandori butterfly to start and a tikka masala for main. My boyfriend had a vindaloo, he loves spicy food and was extremely happy with the standard of food. I would definately recommend this restaurant. only downside was the sound travelled and you could hear others conversations but everyone seemed happy which may explain it! :)

Reviewed November 1, 2012

went there after reading all these reviews, may be i expected more. preety average overall. good food and service slighltly slow. but worth a visit.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We decided to go here due to the good reviews on here, would never of found it otherwise as we live on the other side of Derby. It's i the middle of Mickleover housing estate. The food was amazing, was really happy we decided to give this place a try. The menu is really good, it has the usual options on there and also a few unusual options too. The restaurant is nicely decorated. Staff were really helpful, attentive and chatty. I had a Karaih, it was full of flavour, good size, not too big. The desert menu was lovely too. Will definitely be back, will recommend to my friends, very impressed

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Recently visited this restaurant due to reviews and word of mouth. Have to say the food was excellent, very fresh and nicely cooked. Pilau rice not as good as other Indian restaurants I've visited in the area but main courses were all excellent and very nicely presented, However I just wondered why none of the staff smiled or seemed pleased to serve all night ! Don't get me wrong they were fairly efficient but none of them looked particularly like they wanted to be there. Waiter wasn't sure if the main courses came with rice and had to consult the menu? I would re-visit as the food is so good but if the atmosphere wasn't more welcoming then I don't think I would return.