“American diner!!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed January 17, 2014

Visited here a couple of times ok for a quick lunch and if you like large portions burgers,hot dogs fries,onion rings that sort of thing lovely milk shakes and bottomless coffee,staff good,good service always found it cold inside perhaps it's all the glass.

Reviewed January 17, 2014

Having heard about this for some time as a family we decided to try it out for lunch. We were not disappointed. The service was brilliant, the menu was extensive (I would highly recommend the burger with pulled pork) and reasonably priced. The only negative is it's location as out the way from the city center, but worth the trip if you want an American experience.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

We decided to try this out on a Sunday Evening and took the in-laws. The place was very quiet with plenty of seating, it was clean and the waitress was very friendly. I especially liked the coat hangers at your booth.

As for the food, it was what could only be described as completely average. 3 of us had burgers and chips, and they were just OK, portion sizes were ample but not huge authentic american sizes. We almost had a mixed grill, and again this was just OK. We did have 2 starters between us of garlic cheesy bread and chicken wings, the bread again was OK, but the wings seemed overdone.

I would definitely recommend the peanut butter milkshake though. You have enough for 2 large glasses, and it takes just like a snickers bar.... Yummy!

I've been, I've tried it, but I won't rush back

Reviewed January 10, 2014

My wife and I took my mum and dad out for a spot of lunch and decided to try the OK Diner on the A38 just outside of Burton on Trent.
The waitress was extremely welcoming and asked if we wanted to sit in the closed off area as we had our newborn son in his car seat and there would be more room, which was quite a nice treat and a nice gesture.
We all chose the burgers as it was a Wednesday and all 6oz burgers are £6.
I had the Guac n Roll, which was extremely tasty. My wife had the OK Royal which was pulled pork and cheese.
We had milkshakes too which for £4.50 were great value as they were very filling but amazingly tasty! Mum and dad both had coffee which had bottomless refills, great!
The atmosphere was great with some classic 50's and 60's music playing.
The only one downside was it was cold in the diner, but as it's January it can't be helped.
Great place to go for a bite to eat

Reviewed December 10, 2013

We normally use the OK Diners on the A1 and had promised ourselves a visit when driving home. Howver, an incident pushed our route across to the M1 and we had to search for this one. It was really good, if not better than our regular A1 experiences.