“Favourite place in Derby”
Review of Bean Caffe

Bean Caffe
Ranked #86 of 637 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: British, Healthy, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Creative. Award Winning. Fresh. Friendly. Local. Freshly Baked. Wifi. Cakes. Coffee. Tea. Breakfast. Lunch. Brunch. Opened in 2010 this is a large airy space where you can relax, reflect and rejuvenate. Tucked away at the back of Friar Gate Studios with a 'where on earth is it' style illusiveness, we are here to serve those in the know. The coffee is great and the service is smiley! Our ideal is to create a real feeling of community spirit, a focal point for Derby business folk and local creative's, a place to feel relaxed and a place you'll want to come back to whatever the time of day. We are open for breakfast, lunch and brunch to knock your socks off.
Reviewed December 11, 2013

A great place, friendly with good food. On the edge of the city centre, so rarely full. A place to relax, cheap parking over the road, don't pay through the nose to pay directly outside.

1  Thank a2gxe
Sarah P, Owner at Bean Caffe, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Thanks for your review. Really glad you like our cafe. We have a large cafe space so even when we are full it still feels open and spacious! Good advise to other visitors on the car parking!

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

I regularly visit Bean Caffe and am always made to feel very welcome and my quirky requests are always catered for.

Bean has recently opened on Sundays for brunch between 1020-230 and what a brill experience! I have been with my daughters three weeks in a row and they love it!

Great value and I love the different choices on the menu.

I shall be visiting most Sundays now!

1  Thank Sara_saylavy
Sarah P, Owner at Bean Caffe, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2013

So very happy that you are embracing the 'all new Bean Brunch' it's great for families, girls gatherings & Sunday paper chill out time! We think the weekly changing menu is a good idea too! See you Sunday????
Sarah

Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Visited here today for brunch. Brilliant food and when I asked if the soup contained dairy the waitress knew the answer straight away.

1  Thank TeamCJ2013

Thanks very much for your review. We have only just started opening on Sundays for brunch, so genuinely appreciate customer feed back. We want to be sure we are offering what our customers would like to enjoy on a relaxed Sunday.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Bean Cafe, based in Friar Gate Studios is one of derby's hidden gems - a small little cafe serving up great food in a warm inviting atmosphere.

However, despite visiting Sarah and her team regularily over the past few years, it's only recently at an event that they were serving at that has prompted me to write this review.

I had the most amazing turkey and cranberry burger, served with a fat slice of brie and cranberry sauce, whilst my wife had a venison sausage bap... my mouths watering now as i write this,

Thank you all at Bean Cafe for making tasty food, and always being welcoming...

1  Thank Simon T

Really appreciate you leaving us a review. We thoroughly enjoy taking our home cooked food & goodies out & about too! Whatever the time of year, everyone loves a BBQ!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The lunch offering on the menu looked appetising, but I thought I'd prefer Haloumi rather than Tuna. "Could I have the menu item changed pleased?"

I was met with a smile, and an "of course", and I was soon sat in front of Haloumi on rocket and bean salad, topped with Balsamic drizzle and a free range poached egg - delicious.

As you can image, the smile had transferred to me.

Bean cafe - not just service with a smile!

1  Thank franc_o_fyle

We try hard and aim to please if we can... And we definitely always smile!