“Overpriced”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Overpriced”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The cost of tickets is high but the quality of the venue is poor, which makes for an 'okay' rating but nothing more.

Visited March 2012

• Greek first
Tadcaster, United Kingdom
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Orgasmic day out for Carpervs and Petrol Heads”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

I was fortunate to win free tickets to the Masters Festival in October. I immediately contacted a mate to accompany me - couldn't make it, already committed, so I contacted another mate, same reply, checked my armpits and thought sod you I will go on my own. Later that evening I thought about my nephew, also a petrol head, so I gave him a ring - love to go!

Saturday morning and away to Donington and a fabulous day out, cold and wet but who cares. The touring cars were good as was the 60's70's tribute but the highlight for me was seeing the JPS Lotus cars of Ronnie Peterson and Nigel Mansell (and touching them as the pits were all open to visitors). Also being on the end of the East Midlands Airport runway I was in heaven with superb cars in front of me and aircraft above! (but only about 300 feet).

The Bacon sandwiches from the "Pitstop" were really good value for money so we went back for another at lunchtime. With coffees etc Mike, my nephew, and I only spent about 12 quid each - next time I would also like to give over some time to visiting the collection.

Visited October 2012
Stratford upon Avon
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Donington Park Grand Prix Collection”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Amazing collection of Grand Prix cars from early days right up to the present. Cars driven by many famous drivers including Mansell, Coulthard, Button, and going back to blasts from the past - Clay Regazzoni, Joachim Rindt etc, but my favourite part of the exhibition was the Vanwalls as driven by Stirling Moss. Every car has a history and biographical notes which kept me enthralled all afternoon. A great collection and well wortha visit.

Visited October 2012
Derby, United Kingdom
“British classic cars”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

A great day out, inexpensive and very exciting, even for a non petrol head like me. We took my niece and her partner who both like todays formula 1, but enjoyed the day out at Donnington better. Exciting, close to the cars, great views, you can move around and change where you want to watch. Frienldy staff who are helpful, all in all a great day out!

Visited September 2012
Belper, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great track.”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Facilities are archaic, toilets are disgusting and the infield has been destroyed by the failed bid to host F1. But never mind all this - the track is fantastic - for motorcycles in particular. Have been on many occasions, and always enjoy the racing. I've done a track day or two there as well - really challenging and well worth it.

Visited September 2012