“Quality of the food is always excellent”
Review of Mumbai Chilli

Mumbai Chilli
Reserve with OpenTable
Mumbai Chilli is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #99 of 628 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Having this restaurant almost on our doorstep, means we eat here fairly regularly, but this is only the case because the quality and flavor of the food can be relied upon. Couple that with a very reasonably priced menu and you have a winning combination. I rarely mange to visit at a time which qualifies for the "2 for one" offers, but if you can, then the value just gets better. True, Mumbai Chilli does bot offer the theatrical service or costume experience of town centre venues like Anoki or Shalimar, however these things (fun as they are) come at a very high price. For delicious and innovative food without compromise at reasonable prices in simple and friendly surroundings, look no further.

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Best days to go are mon-thurs 2:1 on sit down meals. If you fancy take away if you pick it up 15% off. Quality food and reasonable priced.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Ordered food for a pre-wedding party for around 60-80 people. The food was cooked to a high standard, with beautiful colour and strong flavours (authentically prepared). There were around 6 items, mixture of vegetarian, non-vegetarian dishes along with naan, rice and salad; the food was liked by almost everyone.

Would definitely recommend for events.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is my 3rd time to Mumbai Chilli, my first time was on birthday over a year ago and I wrote my first review of this gem then, since then I have been two more times. My sister, her husband and overly fussy 5 year old and my even more fussier Parents were there last weekend, they are mainly vegetarians and thoroughly enjoyed themselves. My Parents rarely venture out for food so thought they may dislike the food but they loved it.

Sorry I am here to give my review.

We ordered the same dishes the Goan Red Chicken curry and Redang Lamb, Afgan Chicken Tikka and asked for the Paneer Chilli to be served as a starter. A Nan, Kheema Nan and Plain Rice.

Well the taste of the starters, the Afghan Chicken could be termed as Chicken sorbet just melted on the on tongue perfect like the first time we ate here.

The paneer I must say was outstanding, we wanted something different and Chilli Paneer was the winner, very softy spicey and grilled onions and peppers were splendid, although Paneer pieces were few and ate too many and left wife only one piece she wasnt happy lol.

Why I like a Lamb and Chicken dish is the difference in taste and the rengdang and Red Goan are at opposites of the rainbow, the fusion of spices are special in both dishes and taste so different that it sends the mouth into a frenzy excitement, curry always tastes better with plain rice hence the plain rice.

The consistency in Service and Quality has again scored 10/10, The food is so good it leaves me speechless.

The food was piping hot and presentation was spot on.

Unfortunately we had to bring a doggy bag back as again I had over ordered and due to driving didnt even have a Pint :( hence didnt eat too much.

Mumbai Chilli is a treat as its in Derby and we are Loughborough, but I would be happy to travel to Derby every time I wanted to saviour a great curry.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

Fancy having one of the best Indian restaurants in the country within walking distance of where I live ! It never fails to amaze me that I can always get a table. There will come a time when I will have to book whichever night I want to go. A warm friendly greeting is given to everyone who enters the door. Food is exceptional. Really moist chicken in all the dishes we tried. Afghani Chicken, Red Goan Chicken Curry as well as the Chicken Biryani. A good selection of rice dishes is available. For once I didn't have the Salmon Tokda , my favourite starter. Also try the Spicy Papad if you like spicy poppadums.