“How lucky I am”

Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
“How lucky I am”
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Fancy having one of the best Indian restaurants in the country within walking distance of where I live ! It never fails to amaze me that I can always get a table. There will come a time when I will have to book whichever night I want to go. A warm friendly greeting is given to everyone who enters the door. Food is exceptional. Really moist chicken in all the dishes we tried. Afghani Chicken, Red Goan Chicken Curry as well as the Chicken Biryani. A good selection of rice dishes is available. For once I didn't have the Salmon Tokda , my favourite starter. Also try the Spicy Papad if you like spicy poppadums.

“Scrumptious”
Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

Mumbai Chilli has Indian food served with best quality and taste. The taste is very similar to home made and makes you want to eat more. The freshness of the food makes you go for a double meal.It has a very special ambience which cannot be found else where.The staff are very friendly (The Old Man Makes Us Feel Special Everytime We Visit There) and are always smiling.
A Manchester resident like me would love to give it a visit everytime i visit Derby/Nottingham.

1 Thank Manutdfan0077
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Exquisite Food at Reasonable Prices”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

Mumbai Chilli is definitely my favourite Indian restaurant in Derby. I've been many times and I have always found the food to be of exceptional quality and the staff to be friendly, generous, and efficient. I've had many of the dishes on the extensive menu and I am still always amazed at how exquisite everything tastes and looks. My favourite main dishes are Rengdang Lamb, Goan Red Chicken Curry, and recently Fish Bhuna Curry, and I adore their Onion Bhaji starters - so simple, and so perfect. Other places serve meat in a brown sauce, here you can see and taste the individual ingredients. Why go to one of the big City restaurants when you can get the same, or better quality food here at half the price. Don't be put off by the location, or the fact that you may not have heard of the place. Once you have discovered this hidden gem you'll not want to go anywhere else. Just don't tell everybody.

1 Thank GeoffSW
Derby, United Kingdom
“Tasty, tasty, very very tasty!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Tucked away in Cavendish, is this lovely little gem of a restaurant. I wandered in by chance, one day and have been back many times since.
The food there is some of the best Indian style that I have tried. It avoids the gimmicky dress code of some of Derby's flashier restaurants, and concentrates on getting the taste right!! The lamb dishes are always a treat and on a cold winters day, you can't beat the lamb shank..tender succulent and falling off the bone!!
I have tried most of the menu and a few favorites are the Goan red chicken curry, which has a mighty kick to it and the mumbai fish curry. From the vegetable selection, the brinjal is very good, and so is the saag paneer malai.
Price wise, this is not going to break the bank. meal for two and drinks for less than thirty punds...yes please!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Rose M
“Fab food but the service levels leave a lot to be desired”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

We visitied this restaurant on a groupon deal and I have to say the food was fabulous. The chicken tikka afghani starter was exquisite and different to any starter i've had in 30 years of sampling Indian cuisine whilst the Goan Red curry was lovely and delicate with the tamarind and garlic overtures shining through.

I would love to rate the restaurant as excellent as on the food alone this would be the case however the chap serving us was as miserable as a british rail ticket attendant and seemed genuinely upset that you were disturbing his day. The other fellow was helpful but i genuinely feel that if the front of house chap was to remain in the kitchen the restaurant would double its numbers!

Visited February 2013