“Had A Brilliant Time! Will keep going back!”
Review of Bank Bar - CLOSED

Bank Bar
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Had A Brilliant Time! Will keep going back!”
Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

It's my third visit and each time everything has been spot on! We took my brother and two of our friends last night all were 'Bank Virgins' and they loved it! The food came freshly cooked in ample portions ( yep we love food) and although 3 of us are T total our drinking friends still had a bill under £40, and that's with a starter each, and a dessert. Anyway we were made to feel very welcomed without the over barring ' how's your food' question asked an appropriate number of times. The service was excellent and yes our friends are going back soon, oh and the food it was more than just pub grub, it's tasty, fresh flavored and you get more than what you pay for and non of that microwaved crap just how it should be x

1 Thank squeezyboo

“Cheap but amazing”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Want good food, at a very reasonable price, go to Bank. Having visited this bar many times, under different names and management, I was slightly sceptical about eating there, however, it was mums birthday, and it being central to where my brothers and I live, that was where we decided to go. They accommodated all 9 of us without hassle, and left us to peruse the menu. The fact that our order wasn't taken for over 20 minutes, wasn't due to the lack or attention of the staff, but that we really had too much to choose from and couldn't make up our minds.
When the food arrived, we were truly shocked, the quantity and quality was amazing. The chips were proper hand cut, not the normal poor quality oven chips that you often find nowadays. Everyone was very very happy with their meals, and the adults couldn't even contemplate dessert.
7 adult main meals, 2 children main meals and 2 desserts. All for under £68, fantastic value.
There is an Indian restaurant attached to the Bank. Having checked out this menu, I think that will be my next visit.
Don't be put off by the outside facade, take the chance and try it out, I'm sure you will love it!!

• Visited January 2013
Derby, United Kingdom
“Family dining . good value”
Reviewed January 7, 2013

We go here often with the family, good sized tables, nice atmosphere, the choice on the menu is great, and the prices are good, we had 5 main courses and 3 desserts , plus a round of drinks for £60 all in

• Visited January 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Excellent food!!!!”
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We recently went here on a Saturday night to celebrate my Dads 70th birthday as it was the only place in the area that did a mammoth 48oz steak. I was worried that it would be basic pub grub after reading the reviews on here. I needn't have worried. We asked to sit in Mama Masalas restaurant to eat even though we were eating off the english menu, as the pub had a band on and I wanted a more formal, quiet area to eat in. This was no problem, the restaurant was lovely, very nicely laid out. The food was exceptional!!! Nacho starter was huge could easily have been a main meal. We tried 5 different cuts and sizes of steaks, all were gristle free and cooked to perfection. Accompaniments were huge also, home cooked chips and onion rings rather than frozen packet rubbish. We had a fab night and Dad even got a free pint for his birthday. I would highly recommend this place and would definitely go again.

• Visited November 2012
“rubbish service”
Reviewed November 10, 2012

i am writin about mama masalas curry house, the service was so bad. got took to our table and not even been cleaned, went back to table no serviette no knife and fork, one menu, asked for another but said only got one, no drink for about twenty mins. food was ok when it came but overall i could moan all night about service. .

• Visited November 2012