“Good Food Poor Service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 12, 2013

We went to TGI's on a wednesday night when we arrived there was one large party in and a few other tables not what i would term as busy for the amount of staff on duty.

We waited a couple of minutes before anyone noticed us and took us to a table, the menu was great and we ordered our food. We had the Tower starter to share between two of us and there were no problems with it the JD sauce was lovely.
By this time I had finished my glass of coke which we were assured open originally ordering a Pint glass that it was bottom less and you could order as many as you wanted, this was easier said than done.
We waited for our waiter to come back and clear the starters to ask for extra drinks but he never arrived the next thing we knew the main course had arrived with out the starters being removed the young girl who cleared the table while putting out our mains (not the first waiter) seemed helpful and we asked her for more drinks.
Halfway through our meal our drinks still had not arrived and with the level of salt on the chips was badly needed we eventually managed to get the first waiters attention and asked where the drinks were, by the time we had finished our meal these "bottomless soft drinks" had finally arrived
THe food was nice but i wuld not say worth the price and the decor is great

Reviewed June 5, 2013

Popped into TGIs in the Westfield centre as we were passing by and fancied something to eat. After a couple of mins wait we were sat down in a quieter part of the restaurant and our server was over promptly to take our drinks orders. After deciding what we wanted we opted for the special menus they have between Mon-Thurs which offered 2 courses. The GF picked from their £9.99 menu and I from the £14.99 as I wanted to try the boar burger. Our starters came out after only a short wait and were very tasty (spicy chicken bites for the GF and Jack Daniels crispy chicken bites for me.) Then came our mains. All in all the food was lovely and well presented, but I don't think I will have the boar again as the taste was not to my liking, still worth trying something different!

I do like the TGI restaurants and the variety of Americanised food they offer. Had no issues with waiting around for service or food and I loved the decor of the restaurant, especially being sat under an old toy AT-AT from Star Wars!

Reviewed May 21, 2013

We have been here 5 times now and 2 times were rubbish, the last time has made sure we wont be returning. After being seated and order being taken, the staff were too busy chatting to notice the food was ready and was being kept warm, it was waiting there 20 minutes until a member of staff could be ready to bring out the 10 plates of food that had been sat waiting. Mine was cold and was sent back. The member of staff then told us that they are sorry but they had other things to be doing! Like serving customers their food isnt their primary job! We sent an email when we got back complaining but what a surprise they havent got back to us, hence this very poor review.

We will not be returning and I wouldnt recommend it to anybody, the food is nice (when arrived hot) but for the money you pay, the service is aweful. Don't waste your time or money.

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Talked into yet another lunch at TGI's. Considering I was raving about these restaurants a few years ago, they are definitely going down hill fast - inattentive staff, slow service, luke warm food and shrinking portions. Paid what I consider to be a fairly high price for a new York strip steak, which came with about 20% fat around the outside - trim that off and the meat was rare in more than one sense of the word. Ended up borrowing a few chips from my wife, who had a chicken salad which seemed to be a large bowl consisting mainly of a whole iceberg lettuce with 4 - yes she counted them, four small chunks of chicken. Paid more than a decent evening meal. Oh, and overly loud music too.

Definitely going to resist the urge, which is normally due to the convenience at lunchtime while in the town centre, and the fact they are normally slack at lunchtimes - quelle surprise!

Reviewed April 28, 2013

when we arrived we where told they had a problem with the boiler so food might take abit longer, but it was soon mended.
staff where very friendly and found out it was my birthday and they came out with a slice of cake with candles and sang to me to much delight of my husband and daughter, keep iup the good work