“Consistently superlative food and hospitality”

Gurkha Paradise Restaurant
Ranked #51 of 587 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Asian
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Derby, United Kingdom
“Consistently superlative food and hospitality”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Since my last review over 7 months ago I have been to the GP at least 20 times and what strikes me is the consistently high standard of the food and as always the amazing and genuinely warm hospitality from the owner and his family .. like the last reviewer said id give it 6 stars if i could ..
Oh and if you care to take the advise of someone who has been here probably more than anyone, you must try the Gurkhali dishes .. my current fav's are the bhuteku masu and the lasuni chicken (as long as you love garlic, as i do)
I am also very reliably informed by a fish loving friend that the fish tikka starter is absolutely sublime .. Others worthy of note include the (massive) pickle tray and the fiendishly tasty onion bhajji's ..

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank DaveS_1966

Ilkeston, United Kingdom
“Number one choice”
Reviewed April 13, 2014

If I could give this place 6 stars I would. Fantastic food every time we go, friendly attentive service. Obviously has lots of regulars. Thoroughly recommend.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Pentridge
Derby, United Kingdom
“best ghurka/indian in derby”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

I have been to this restaurant many times since it opened and have always had an excellent meal. the service and staff are second to none. Try it and you will not be disappointed.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank george j
Bangkok, Thailand
“A Little Gem”
Reviewed February 22, 2014

This is one of our favourite restaurants. The food is always excellent and the owners treat you like family. We are vegetarian and although we find plenty of choice the owner always tells us that if we give him a couple of days notice he will make something especially for us. The first time I went I couldn't find anything on the dessert menu which tickled my taste buds. I fancied something rice puddingy. Just give me a few minutes, said the owner. Ten minutes later we were presented with a spicey milk pudding, specially prepared and not charged on the bill.
And the Gurkha beer - a perfect partner to a spicy curry.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank LynetteWillerton
derby
“Really !!”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

I can honestly say that this was THE worst curry I have ever had!
I have eaten a lot of curry around Derby and this is the worst I would even say that jimmys world food is better! At that is saying something!
Thought I best give this restaurant ago seeing all the reviews.words actually fail me.all of the food was inedible.

Chips taste like they had been in the oven a long time
Curry had a really salty twang
Naans were slimy and no evidence of cheese but did have lazy garlic type sprinkled on them.
I actually left all of the food.

Visited February 2014