“Poor ”

Ranked #202 of 659 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: A warm welcome awaits you at The Ragley Boat Stop, a spacious pub with relaxing sofas, lots of eating areas, a magnificent garden sloping down to the Trent and Mersey Canal and a super balcony where you can relax and watch the world go by. A superb place to meet your friends for lunch, a night out, or a relaxing afternoon escape with the children. Go on come and visit us!
Reviewed November 3, 2016 via mobile

Having been here 6 months ago, and having a bad experience we thought we would give it another go so off we went .
On entry we went to the bar one member of staff completely ignored us and another had to come and serve us.
We picked a table and ordered food, although ordering 5min before the table next to us that had 4 ours still came out after. And incomplete after finishing my main meal and having to ask my cheesy garlic bread came .... Burnt .
On finishing I went to pay taking it with me explaining I wasn't prepared to pay for it. I was told I needed to see a manager we waited a further 25min to see one !! Who then told us she didn't think it was burnt and it was the way it was cooked the black round the edge and black lines weren't burn! Despite the fact we had tasted it. And proceeded to argue about. I also mentioned the staff the fact it was so cold in there my self and another customer ate with our coats on! . When she argued it wasn't burnt we simply paid and said we shall not return and will give our reviews .
So all in all cheap food, nothing special. Cold and uninviting, poor customer service, rude staff not greatly clean. Oh and forgot to mention she told us it had taken 25 min to see us as she was in a disciplinary meeting ! Avoid at all costs .

2  Thank tanya1534
PippaKHT, Owner at The Ragley Boat Stop, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2016

Dear tanya1534, we are sorry to see from your review that you were disappointed in your recent visit to us. Your feedback is always welcomed as our aim is to get everything right. We do hope that you will visit us again.

Reviewed October 28, 2016

Not a bad setting by the canal.Not a particularly warm and comfortable place,the food is ok and not overpriced.Decent pint of beer. too.

Dear toddy123741, thank you for your review. Pleased you found the food value for money and the beer decent. Just checked, the fire is lit and the pub's cosy. Christmas decorations are up. Hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 26, 2016 via mobile

Nice pub, nice location. Food was nice, disappointed that they let people smoke on the balcony outside when it had no smoking signs up. Took a while to clear plates and don't do Sunday lunch

Dear amydyer24, thank you for your review. With regard to your comments I will investigate straight away. Hope you will visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 23, 2016 via mobile

The place itself is kinda caotic...however the menu was so large. I woz dissapointed that the special wasnt on even though it was only one hour after opening time. Meat here is cooked wonderful, taste is fasmo, cooked to just how you like it. Recomed any of the steaks.

PippaKHT, Owner at The Ragley Boat Stop, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2016

Dear Potta2014, thanks for your great review. Sorry the special you wanted wasn't available. I'll look into that. I hope you'll come back and see us soon. Great new meals and desserts for you to try. Thank you again for taking the time to let us know about your visit.

Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

Fantastic value. Does what is says on the tin and then some. It's a pub not a restaurant but I've not had a better steak in any restaurant. Good helping of sides and considering they were quite busy we had our food in 15mins.
The staff were polite, good humoured and although busy they never showed any signs of stress. I can imagine they do a lot of trade from the canal too as the garden is large and draws your eyes to the beautiful old building. All in all a great value for money steak pub..

Dear JohnCheryl9010, thank you for your brilliant review. I hope you will come back and visit again soon. Our new menu is out, we've still got our comprehensive steak section, but also new 100% British chips and jacket potatoes. The Stilton Mushrooms are back by popular demand and an amazing new dish called The Middlesbrough Parmo. We've also got some new superb desserts too. See you soon!