“Lovely food, staff very helpful”

The Ragley Boat Stop
Ranked #193 of 587 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Steakhouse, International, Pub
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A warm welcome awaits you at The Ragley Boat Stop, a spacious pub with relaxing sofas, lots of eating areas, a magnificent garden sloping down to the Trent and Mersey Canal and a super balcony where you can relax and watch the world go by. A superb place to meet your friends for lunch, a night out, or a relaxing afternoon escape with the children. Go on come and visit us!
stafford
“Lovely food, staff very helpful”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Visited October 2013 for a meal with my husband. One of the places that served swordfish, which was done to perfection. I would recommend this establishment to all for good food, good service and reasonable prices. The surroundings of the Ragley Boat Stop are beautiful with the canal at the rear. Will visit again.

• Visited October 2013

Leicester, United Kingdom
“Amazing!!! Just how a pub should be x”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Tonight we visited the Ragley Boat on a colleagues recommendation and I was not disappointed.

The staff created a warm and welcoming atmosphere for all the family. I had steak which was divine, melt in your mouth - with generous portion of chips & a side salad. The rest of my family had scampi, lamb chops & a selection of steaks - cooked to perfection. Clean plates all round :)

Can not wait to go back for my works Christmas Party later this month!

• Visited December 2013
“McDonald's is much nicer!!”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

What can I say worse service I've had anywhere, manager not to bothered. Left on own for ages with no service. Did not change cd even tho it was jumping and food not great either, gammon was fatty, chips awful and shredded lettuce limp and pretty awful best think was pineapple ring but even that was out of a tin ....dont go here really gone down hill - used to be nice but that was many months ago - think owners must have changed :( not a good experience

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank lizzie600217
Derby, United Kingdom
“Disapointed”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I took my wife there on the 25th November for a special meal and was disappointed !.

I had been there previously and had always enjoyed my visits and the food. This was not the same however. I felt that my chops were burnt and I had to ask before the Dessert which had been ordered and paid for was brought to the table, some 55 minutes after it had been ordered.

I would think twice before I went back there.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Arthur F
Derby, United Kingdom
“good food - great value!”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

If good food, cooked fresh, served by welcoming staff, at affordable prices is what you are looking for, then the Ragley Boat Stop is just the ticket. We have had many lunches and dinners with friends and family, and are looking forward to our next visit.
Joan & Roy