“Good value pub food”

The Ragley Boat Stop
Ranked #187 of 578 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar scene, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions, Families with children, Scenic view, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A warm welcome awaits you at The Ragley Boat Stop, a spacious pub with relaxing sofas, lots of eating areas, a magnificent garden sloping down to the Trent and Mersey Canal and a super balcony where you can relax and watch the world go by. A superb place to meet your friends for lunch, a night out, or a relaxing afternoon escape with the children. Go on come and visit us!
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Good value pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Called in on way back from shopping ,we normally visit when out on the boat has it has good mooring with electric.
had the house special ,two steaks and a bottle of wine for £15.99.
service was quick and the food was good and hot.
cant fault the place plenty of choice and warm comfortable surroundings with friendly helpful staff.

• Visited December 2012

Derby
“Cold plates, cold food and terrible service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

We went as part of a party for a Christmas meal. Told that it wwould be ready on time but waited ages. Also long time between courses.

First course - soup was very sparce which was agood job as I didn't eat mine. Dish was stone cold, no bread rolls and had to ask for a soup spoon -terrible, could it get better?

Main course was steak, I asked for well done, it arrived barley done - disgusting. Again cold plate, vegetables undercooked too, left nearly all mine. Plus no gravy, asked and was told this was not included .

Sweet was meant to be Christmas Pudding and hot custard. Custard was cold and the pudding was just a solid block of yuck.

Mince pies was the final thing, brought round on a big plate but we were not given a plate to put it on. Were told they would get one - never did

Last and definately least, coffee, again cold cup and coffee was luke warm.

As we were part of a party we did not want to say anything but if we were on our own we definately would. Never will we go again. If I could give a minus score I would. TERRIBLE !!!

• Visited December 2012
3 Thank Stuart B
“Really good SPOT ON”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2012 via mobile

Awsome really enjoyed it been 3 times now and every time was brilliant. The last time I went I had the 32oz t-bone and was cooked perfect (medium rare) 5*****

“Average”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

Not the best meal i have ever had, staff forgot to bring the side order of mushrooms which, considering it was not busy , i had to go and find somebody to get them for me.
I have eaten here before and the steak was a lot better, perhaps this was an off day?

Visited July 2012
1 Thank scorpion59
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Disappointed, not how I remembered it!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

I used to come here lots a few years ago but haven't been for ages until last Saturday when we met up with family for an evening meal. We were in a group of 10 and tried to pre book a table but were told they didn't take reservations so we decided to risk it anyway. We sat upstairs and eventually got a table which we had to rearrange ourselves (the waitress was less than helpful about it).

The menu is extensive and hasn't changed since I came 2 years ago which was a nice surprise. The dishes sound great on paper and I decided to have 'The Mighty Alamo' which is basically chicken and beef fajita mix on a bun with chips and salad. It was really good and was nicely followed by chocolate lumpy bumpy cake which was worth the visit all on its own. My partner ordered a lamb burger which was apparently pretty unappertising.

This restaurant is lovely in the summer when you can sit outside and enjoy the canal but we found it a bit cramped and sweaty for an evening meal in winter, not helped by the flustered and offhand staff. If you want a relaxing meal where you can chat in comfort I would suggest going elsewhere.

• Visited October 2012