Open today: 11:00 AM - 11:00 PM
Review Highlights
Give a go..

Discovered this place, purely by luck. We were hungry and this was the first place in front of us... read more

Reviewed 4 weeks ago
Vasilis P
Derby, United Kingdom
via mobile
expensive

nice pub but very expensive drinks ok to pop in for a quick drink if you are early or have just... read more

Reviewed December 18, 2017
22Atomic
Derby, United Kingdom

All reviews bouncy castle birthday party party games bar staff staff were very helpful venue room fab
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We had our wedding reception here in May! Couldn't have asked for anymore! Value for money was exceptional, room was lovely, food great and staff were fab! All of our guests had a great time! Highly recommended :-)

1  Thank Newlywedx
Reviewed July 22, 2013

DO NOT book a party at the waterfall, if you have then I would highly recommend you to CANCEL. They RUINED our wedding reception, The room was so hot our guests had to leave early and spent most of the night in the bar downstairs. There was no fans or windows you could open. The Supposedly called managers were useless and unwilling to do anything, there response was you booked here and we are fully booked every week and we you got it cheap and it would cool down later in the evening which was never going to happen when you have got over 50 people in one room, which we never. Today they are not answering there phone to me. They should be shut down until they resolve this issue as it is a health hazard, a member of staff told us the week before they had guests collapsing due to the heat, so they knew there was a problem before hand and did nothing about it. The only staff I could praise is the doorman who was brilliant and did all he could to try and help. Also the DJ did not even know our names and did not have the song we chose for our first dance even though we provided this a week before and we was told thy would pass the info on. PLEASE SHARE and stop it from happening to any other couples on there special day.

13  Thank SamiOverton
Waterfall D, Director of Sales at Waterfall, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Thank you for your review.

On the day of this Wedding reception it was nearly 30 degrees outside. This is beyond our control and everywhere in the city was hot. Due to the wedding reception being booked only several weeks before the date we did our best to accommodate them. We only had one room available which is by far our smallest. It is very sad when a review has to be a dramatic exaggeration of the truth. We did provide a fan and the windows at the entrance to the room were open, the doors at each end of the room were also open.

We did receive a phone call from somebody wishing to complain but they wouldn't leave any details including name or telephone number which is obviously then hard to trace. No other contact has been made.

No guests have ever collapsed here due to heat and a member of staff did not say that. we also had two other parties in our other function rooms at the same time, none of which had any issues.

I would imagine this negative review was born from the fact only half of the guests attended, something that can turn people hostile which is then aimed at us.

After speaking to the DJ company there response was; "I introduced myself to the bride at the beginning of the evening, she was unfriendly from the off, I asked her what time she would like her first dance and her response was an angry I'll tell you when I'm ready!" I am therefore not a little bit surprised she has complained.

We provided food for 80 guests, room hire, a DJ and a full balloon package for £575 and rallied around all day making sure everything was also set up from their other suppliers . To suggest we should be shut down because the weather was nice outside is ridiculous. Perhaps a summer wedding wasn't the best idea.

kind regards

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Myself and friends stopped here for breakfast each morning before heading down to the Donnington festival site.

Food was very reasonably priced, arrived quickly and staff were friendly.

No experience of this place in the evening, but for food during the daytime I cannot fault it.

1  Thank Doddz321
Reviewed June 5, 2013

I had a great experience at the waterfall in derby city the food was fresh hot, well presented as well as really yummy!! The venue its self is very modern, clean and welcoming. Staff were helpful and friendly! Will defo be returning to try more food on their menu!! Would recommend to everyone if in derby go try out the waterfall you will not be disappointed:D

2  Thank deeaitken
Reviewed June 4, 2013

What a fantastic place, loved everything about the place, food was very tasty, reasonably priced and the staff were soooo nice, such a welcoming and friendly atmosphere , will definitely recommend to my freinds, thanks guys for going the extra mile x

2  Thank julieplm