“Good meal”

Mamas Masala
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Mamas Masala, food how you mum would make it at home... Great serice and reasonably priced, Mama Masala is a restaurant thats a must
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Enjoyed a nice meal with wife and daughter on a reasonably busy Thursday night.
Food was very good, served promptly and efficiently by friendly staff.
It is a little bit pricey to be honest (£4.55 for a Peshwari Naan - come on!) especially for the starters and sundries, but you can get around this by having the 2 or 3 course deal at £6.95 or £7.95 respectively though the choice is a bit limited.
The restaurant itself is very smart and well looked after.
Overall a good meal and we will return.

Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Visited as a group of 7, choice of the main Bank bar menu and the Indian, chicken tikka starter awesome, chicken wings tasty.

Essentially all very good indeed.
Cajun chicken was a bit dry was the only real minor let down, very dry if you don't like sour cream.
My Jalfrezi was perfect. Not too hot and not too mild-Goldilocks!

Very worth a try.
We will be visiting again next weekend.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

We ordered takeaway from here & I must say, it was the worst I have ever tasted. The curry dishes were a third full of floating oil & the curries below we're so congealed that they just almost kept the shape of the box when emptied onto our plates. Will never order takeaway from here again!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Have been visiting Mamas Masala kitchen since it first opened, and the high quality has not dropped since that very first visit. The waiters/waittresses are always so kind and especially the owners. The food has always been great and so reasonably priced! I tend to go for the set menu option because it is easily set out for me and it provides plenty of food to go around! However I am very sure the entire menu offers the same value for taste and pocket!
I seriously do recommend this restaurant though, it hasn't failed me once and I must have visited over 10 times, it really is the best sit down Indian cuisine in derby that I know of!!

2  Thank samantha1337
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We visited this restaurant on 27th October, the staff were friendly and attentive, we ate from the set menu which was excellent value and plenty to eat - would come here again!!

1  Thank sunlover186378