“Amazing food...”

The Excelsior
Ranked #62 of 589 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Over 140 dishes, you will be spoilt for choice! We offer a wide range of menus from around the Far East, including Chinese and Japanese dishes. From our popular crispy aromatic duck to our famous black pepper sirloin and fillet steaks, there is bound to be something to tempt your taste buds.
“Amazing food...”
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

... And even better service! This place is a real gem. The staff are the friendliest we've ever dealt with; the food is amazing - full of flavour and not your typical takeaway rubbish... A real find. Don't be out off by the exterior, the food and service more than make up for the outlook!

• Visited June 2014

Derby, United Kingdom
“Excellent.... people really don't no what there missing”
Reviewed May 17, 2014

This restaurant has been around for years and is a favourite for all Derby people and also from different areas....food is so fabulous and the host is so lovely she makes you feel welcome and there's nothing to much trouble. I recommend this restaurant 100% as a few years ago you really wouldn't of been able to of got a table. The only reason is because that end of Derby town has gone dead with closures of nightclubs & taxi ranks... Seriously if you love a fab Chinese cuisine this place is a must.. you really won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best Chinese I have ever had.”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

That title is no exageration. The staff are friendly and attentive and the food is just fantastic.
I came here about a week ago for the first time having walked passed it a few times in the past and it was so good I've already been back and can't wait to go again.

The crispy beef in chilli sauce is the best I've had anywhere, and never being a fan of sweet and sour chicken I thought I'd give my friends a try and miraculously it was my favourite dish. For starters we had crispy lamb with plum sauce and lettuce and it's really delicious idea and great start to a meal. Also had the satay chicken starter, duck in hoisin sauce main and the specail fried rice over the two visits and all were superb, I would reccomend all of them.

I've not yet gone to the buffet but am excited to try it out when I do. I think this resteraunt is going to become my regular chinese. A lovely atmosphere and truly magnifiecent food.

• Visited March 2014
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Lovely experience”
Reviewed April 26, 2014 via mobile

Really nice atmosphere, friendly staff and really good fresh food. We have eaten at a lot of Chinese restaurants and this is up there with the best. Quite busy, glad we booked a table.

“Nice all you can eat”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Ive been here a couple of times and always found them to be friendly. Food is nice and with being an all you can eat, they're on to a winning formula.

Parking can be an issue with it being on a corner of a busy street.

Visited April 2014