“Great food”

The Excelsior Restaurant
Ranked #54 of 637 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Over 140 dishes, you will be spoilt for choice! We offer a wide range of menus from around the Far East, including Chinese and Japanese dishes. From our popular crispy aromatic duck to our famous black pepper sirloin and fillet steaks, there is bound to be something to tempt your taste buds.
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is the best chinese restaurant in Derby. The decor is a bit dated but don't let that put you off. We normally take our Mother's here for Mother's day so a crowd of us. We ask the owner to choose the starter's and mains and then it all comes beautifully cooked and gorgeous. I recommend this restaurant and have been coming here for years.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

Have been eating at this restaurant for a number of years now and always come away with a smile on my face. The chefs are happy to accommodate to every need and the staff are always a delight to meet.

Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Not knowing derby very well, we checked out trip advisor & we're happy to say that the reviews did it justice!!!
The food was great the service fantastic, what a gem of a Chinese , we would recommend this restaurant to all !!!!

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We have been visiting the excelsior for years and have ALWAYS had a fantastic time here
We recently visited on a Sunday for my birthday meal with 7 of my family; and I was so glad I chose to celebrate here· The food was fresh and tasty with plenty if choice and portions of just the right size· I'm not a fan of buffet that has been sat for ages on a hot plate and here you have the opposite- everything is hot and fresh!
The a la carte menu is amazing too, with generous portions and a fantastic choice·
Finally I have to say the lady who runs the restaurant makes it! She has a great sense of humour and we always have a laugh with her, there aren't many places to eat with such personality so give it a go!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I've been here twice with work in the last three weeks and the food is excellent. The area is run down, the decor us not great, but the stuff you eat here is. The banquet for £15 is excellent and you order what you want and they bring it! Simple. The food is fresh and cooked to order and the lady who serves is really pleasant.

Go try it.