“Enjoyable meal and lovely service”
Review of Thai Dusit

Thai Dusit
Ranked #170 of 596 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Derby, United Kingdom
“Enjoyable meal and lovely service”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Had a lovely meal - early seating and the restaurant was quiet. Staff were friendly and the meal was lovely. Very relaxed atmostphere and no feelings of being rushed.

Visited May 2013

“Not bad”
Reviewed April 25, 2013

I'm not a huge fan of Thai food, but this was not bad as far as food goes. Even though I asked for the food Asian-style it lacked any really kick. The service was good and the decor was ok, but looking a bit tired. We ordered a set menu to get a selection of foods the house recommends. The soup was thin and lacked flavour, but the rest was good.

Visited April 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Authentic, tasty Thai food”
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I was very impressed with the food in this little restaurant. A group of 5 of us visited and, for ease of ordering, we went for one of the set meals. Personally, I rarely take that option, as I prefer spicy soup, Pad Thai noodles etc but I was democratically out-voted. In spite of this, all of the food that arrived exceeded my expectations. It was very well presented and tasted, not only delicious but very authentic, with lots of subtle flavours sitting behind the spice. There was enough food for all of us, 1 each of about 5 different starters, plenty of rice and four different curries. The fish curry stood out as the star dish but it was all very tasty. I can't wait to revisit and explore the menu more thoroughly but if we end up ordering the same again, I would still be very happy.
The service was friendly and polite (I've seen nothing different in any Thai, anywhere) and the meal with plenty of drinks came to about £27 a head, including a tip.

• Visited April 2013
Belper, United Kingdom
“Ok Thai meal”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Not just Thai Dusit, but quite a few Thai restaurants recently need a good refresh and a revamp.

The menu is a little limited and definitely western influenced. My dish had 2 chillies but had no spiciness to it.

The service is good and my pad Thai was excellent.

My wife enjoyed it so I did.

• Visited March 2013
Derby
“Quality Food.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Menu is limited but the few dishes I've had on my couple of visits were good quality and tasty, but lacked the selection I was expecting having eaten in a number of other Thai restautants.

The premises appear to be clean and tidy enough but lack character and the atmosphere suffered both times I visited since the restaurant was empty on both occasions other than our party.

Service was very good, perhaps as much to do with the restautant being empty, but the staff were efficient and pleasant if perhaps a little over-bearing. I'm not overly comfortable with staff loitering/watching while guests eat to clear for the next course.

• Visited May 2012