“Nice choice for Derby”
Review of Aston Court Hotel

Aston Court Hotel
Ranked #16 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Great location. Close to bus, train and taxi. Mall is right up the street. Staff was very helpful and friendly. Vicky Andrews was so wonderful and helpful at the front desk. Parking was free and rooms were clean.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
John R, General Manager at Aston Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay, it is nice to read that one of my staff members was so helpful to you, I will ensure that she is made aware of your comment.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

i stayed at this hotel last weekend in october this year its in a great location and loved the bus outside the station for nipping to town easy and quick. the staff at the hotel where great had a great bar man plus he did our breakfast, so helpful and graet for a chat, the lady that checked us in sorry forgot her name for now but she was very helpful with a great big smile and a joke they work log hours there and nothing was too much trouble. the room was lovely cosy clean and i will be coming back for another stay in the new year a great big thank you to you all for making our weekend trouble free and the car loved it in th closed locked carpark see you all soon

Room Tip: all the rooms i feel would be good ours was 204 but if you can't get upstaires they will try to...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
John R, General Manager at Aston Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us, I see you have mentioned the long hours put in by the staff and how upbeat, happy and helpful they still remain. In this industry we have to be very flexible due to the hotel being manned 24hrs a day to ensure our guests needs can be met day and night. Thank you for taking note of this and also mentioning how versatile the staff are in what roles they are able to complete competently.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

stayed her 4 a week... room was lovely an in keeping with the building clean with a nice bathroom. Staff were amazing all so lovely the best ive come across! breakfast was fine.. great location as close to town. the only reason ive not given 5 stars is the evenings meals let it down. other than that a great stay.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for such a great review, I am sorry you found the evening meal let you down though, I'm glad this did not have a major effect on the rest of your stay with us.

Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

Great location
Staff were magnificent
Lounge area great
Breakfast lovely
Bathrooms spacious
Outdoor seating/garden area beautiful
Rooms a little small
But i feel i got more than what i paid for.
Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a simply budget cosy stay :)

Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Monster247

Well what a quick, simple but effective way of reviewing your stay with us. I like how you have bullet pointed the positives you found whilst staying at the hotel.

Reviewed November 7, 2013

Nice and handy for the station and only a 10 min walk into town. The front doesn't set you up well but staff friendly and welcoming without being over the top. Room was clean tidy and hot but opened a window and turned off radiator, all sorted. Toilet and shower area bit small but I didn't sleep in there so no problem. I would stay there again but not in a single. Oh yes, two very good pubs only five minutes walk for real ale drinkers

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Lorne H

I must admit when I read the title of this review I was concerned, however what a pleasant review it is. I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found it to meet your requirements and to be above your expectations due to what you thought on first appearance from the outside. Hopefully we will get to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Stayed here for the night with partner. Adequate parking lovely bar and reception area. Staff very nice and helpful. Loved the room was comfy clean and had everything we needed and we enjoyed it so much we have booked again.
Nothing bad to say if you want 5star go to 5star this hotel ticks all the boxes for pleasent stay :-) cant wait to stay again.

• Stayed: October 2013
John R, General Manager at Aston Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for such lovely comments, it is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay so much that you have already booked to return. We look forward to welcoming you back and hope your next stay is just as enjoyable.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Had a disagreeable impression of the place as I arrived late, in the rain, from the station across the street; I found myself wishing I’d booked at the rather more cheery-looking Hallmark next door. My room was little larger than a closet and looked as if it had last been refurbished in the 1970s—it reminded me of something from a dodgy American motel. My general judgment softened a bit in the morning, when I could see that my room was at least clean-ish and the front desk kindly assisted me with a logistical problem. My impression was that the staff (friendly and hard-working!) were working overtime to make up for the property’s demerits. For the money I will try elsewhere on my next visit to Derby.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business

I am sorry to read that you did not find the hotel to your satisfaction and that you will try elsewhere in the future, I am disappointed that you feel the hotel let you down. I am glad you mentioned the cleanliness of your room as our staff do work hard in keeping them clean.