Hallmark Hotel Derby Midland
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Bar/Lounge
1,349 results
All reviewschatsworth housetrain stationcar parkevening mealfirst morninglovely hotelboth morningssingle roomenjoyable staychristmas partybar areatown centreself servicepeak districtfull englishweekend breakalton towers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Very convenient with the train station just over road. A short 5-10 minute walk to Westfield shopping centre. The hotel although on the dated side was very clean and tidy, all staff very helpful, our double room on 1st floor very nice, bed very comfortable. We did not have dinner in restaurant but did have breakfast each day and this was also very nice with lots of variety.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deb B
DCroasdale, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Derby Midland, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thanks very much for leaving a review, I do think perhaps you stayed at our sister hotel the Hallmark Inn.

Reviewed April 4, 2014 via mobile

Spent a very relaxing Saturday enjoying drinks at the bar and later in the lounge area.

Other than a few late afternoon nibbles we didn't eat there, instead trying a wonderful local Indian, Viceroy, which we would highly recommend.

Our room was modern in its furnishings but had a slanted floor due to the age if the property, which gave a few laughs when returning after said drinks.

For what we paid it was a very enjoyable stay and whilst Derby is not a regular place we visit, if we were to go back and wanted a good value place to stay we would absolutely consider it again.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thanks for your very positive review, little disappointed you only gave us 3 out of 5 considering the positive feedback. Hope we can welcome you back soon and we can wow you into a 5 star review!

Reviewed April 3, 2014

Although the restaurant was good; we were horrified to receive a demand for £130 for parking "illegally" in the car park. This was despite registering the vehicle at reception. On telephoning to sort this out; the unhelpful member of staff advised us that we must have entered the wrong registration (which wasn't the case).
This was eventually sorted out but I was unimpressed with the attitude of the hotel and wouldn't go there again. They didn't have the decency to apologise; despite us having spent a considerable amount of money with them.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Fiona E

Thank you for your review.
We put a new system in for our car parking in Nov last year, this was to prevent the large amount of fly packing we were suffering with (next to a station and very close to Derby City center.) The system we have in place needs the resident or guest using our facilities to enter the correct registration of their vehicle.
From you speaking to me in the first instance it took three working days to fully resolve the situation to your satisfaction.

Reviewed March 29, 2014

I recently visited the Hallmark hotel a gift for my birthday, The reception staff were very friendly,and on arrival wished me a' happy birthday'.The room was very spacious,warm,excellent and in the room they had left a birthday card and some biscuits nicely wrapped which I personally thought was a nice touch!!The decor of the hotel was lovely very impressive. Breakfast was plentiful, quite a selection and the staff very helpful.Parking was great,at the rear of the hotel.Its about a ten minute walk into Derby Town centre,not quite as central as some other hotels,but Derby itself was fabulous,with its architectural buildings,lots of bars/coffee shops and restaurants, the Westfield shopping centre was amazing!The oldest pub in derby is also worth a visit 'Ye Olde Dolphin' full of character, meals were plentiful/excellent and very reasonable! Derby Museum/Silk Mill is also worth visiting, and Pickfords House is like stepping back in time all Free entry!! Derby is a great weekend away, and staying at the Hallmark Hotel made the weekend a perfect birthday treat. I would definitely have no hesitation in booking this hotel again!!!Loved it!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Elaine M
DCroasdale, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Derby Midland, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2014

Another great 5 star review, so pleased you had a good stay with us and enjoyed your birthday with us. Derby has loads to offer and I hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

Had a great stay this weekend at the Hallmark Hotel, what was particularly great was the customer service, we were on an offer break which included a visit to a local Indian restaurant as well as a wonderful meal in the Hallmark as well. The hotel rang me before arrival to double check my access needs for the Indian restaurant as I am a wheelchair user, a service often lacking from other hotels I have stayed at. Staff were great and hotel was lovely, easy to find and we had a fab spacious room. Loved the meal at the restaurant on the first night, my only minor negative comment would be the lack of choice for a vegetarian on the hot breakfast bar but in saying that what they had was definitely of high quality, would definitely go back.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ann J

What a great 5 star review, thanks a lot!
I'm so pleased you enjoyed your break and the meal at Anoki, I ate there myself a couple of months ago and y the food is a great.
Hope we can welcome you back soon.