1,247 results
All reviewsswimming poolleisure facilitiessuperior roomevening mealcoach partynight breaksteam room and saunahealth clublovely hotelalton towersthree course mealbed and breakfastplenty of parkingpeak districtrestaurant staffshort breakreception staff
Reviewed August 4, 2018 via mobile

We have an outstanding room, the staff are all very pleasent and are very keen to help. The food is excellent, the whole hotel is very clean. Lisa on reception extremely helpful and goes out of her way to ensure an excellent stay. Jose (hosea) in the restaurant was also outstanding, he remembered the girls names and made us all feel very welcome. John the duty manager was on hand and was very keen to ensure everything was as good as it could be.
Nothing was too much trouble by any staff.
The pool is also very good.
A truly fantastic break. Also excellent perks if you book direct.

Stayed: August 2018, traveled with family
Ash N, Public Relations Manager at Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2018

Thanks for such a great review, I'll make sure Jose, John and Lisa are made aware of your feedback and I'll also share it with the wider team.
We are very proud of our team and it is lovely to see that we really delivered for you on your break with us, I do hope we can welcome you back in the very near future.

Reviewed July 30, 2018

Having frequented this hotel many times, it is easy to recognise changes made, both good and not so good. My wife and I stayed at the Mickleover Court again on the 21st and 22nd of July 2018 where we discovered that it had been taken over from Menzies by Hallmark two years previously. Ok then lets see what's changed.?? Hallmark in Derby, (The Old Midland Hotel), have this horrible habit of serving food on bits of wood and sure enough this had been brought to Mickleover. I hate it.. Fine if I am camping in the wilderness but I'm not.!! It's not clever or modern , All it does is make it difficult to contain liquids /gravy or eat off.. However they did supply a plate when I asked for one the second time we ate. As we have usually stayed in the suites before, this time we chose a standard double bedroom. They say you get what you pay for. Well the space for a fridge was in the cupboard with the hole at the back and vent but no fridge. No nice bathrobe. The bed was much smaller that the one in the suites. In the past we had asked for a jug of milk and got one, now we asked again but got a tiny container with only a bit of milk in it. With no means to keep anything cool it soon goes off. The windows opened onto a small balcony but it took both myself and my wife to pull it open, plus one of the locking pins was bent. There was a visible lack of cleaning on the main windows which was quite bad. The main lift broke down soon after we arrived and we were told to use the back lift to go down to the underground car park. .Excellent I thought!! Until we discovered the door into the car park had a code system on one side so if we went to the car we could not get back through the door. I asked reception about the code but was told they do not give it out. So much for that Idea. Breakfast was almost the same as in the past with the buffet and being shown to your table by one of the good old Menzies staff who is still there. We asked for a coffee and tea. Only the tea turned up and as I wanted to eat my breakfast hot I had to forget my coffee rather than try to get some service as they were quite busy to give them their due. The staff will help if asked and the reception staff are also very good. The only problems really are the little things which need to be kept on top of. Like double checking rooms. We were given our room key and went up to find that when we went into the room, there was an open suitcase and clothes on the bed. It was being used by someone already. So How can this happen ????? Not a good start is it. It is quite a big place and needs management to check the rooms & facilities. Service is Good but the incidentals need looking at and keeping on top of.

Room Tip: The front overlooks the car park and trees, the rear the dual carriageway . Sound proofing is good.
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Martin C
Ash N, Manager at Hallmark Hotel Derby Mickleover Court, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your recent stay, we do serve some dishes on the wooden blank, I am sorry you did not enjoy this but was pleased to read we supplied the plate when requested.
The Suite you stayed in before would have had the additional amenities such as robes, slipper, soft drinks mini bar etc but these are not in the standard rooms I am afraid, I am sorry about the lift breaking during your stay, however we do have 2 other passenger lifts available. Again thanks for taking the time to leave a review and I do hope we can welcome you back soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Disappointed- arrived to check in and didn’t get acknowledged for a while although no one else was being served when finally chose to pay me attention seemed there was no welcome - a forced enjoy you stay was the only touch right at the end.

I was advised restaurant would be busy and to avoid until 8 - so came down at 8.15 and waited at the host stand for 5 mins before anyone said hello. Taken to table - waitress was nice but limited service endured - I was on my own but not one extra item was cleared from table. Wine served and extra glass not taken away. Ordered and waited 30 mins for a steak frite med rare - although it arrived well done and very tough in multiple segments.
I acknowledged to waitess was not to my request but don’t want to wait for it to be replaced so will eat it. I was shocked nothing was done to bill to compensate for this or a drink on house or apology. I left most of steak as not nice at all.

On the upside room was ok - tired around the edges.

Traffic however was not so noisy balcony door sounded open! Not sure how I am supposed to sleep. Front desk seemed to acknowledge that’s how it is, again no resolution or empathy for this issue.

It’s a shame definitely will not be returning

2  Thank charlottesmallman

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review, I am sorry if we let you down during your stay with us, I will of course share your feedback with our team.
Some of the rooms do back onto a road but it is not very often people say they are effected by the noise.
Again thanks for leaving the review and I do hope in time you will give us a second chance and come back.

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Alot of people a quick to complain yet slow to praise. Upon my first ever visit to The Mickleover i can truly say all the staff have been amazing. Amelia in the restaurant was the highlight of my experience. Nothing was ever too much and she was always smiling.

Thankyou for a great experience and i look forward to returning in November

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business

Thanks for the great review, we do have a great team at the hallmark Derby Mickleover Court and its nice when our guest take the time to highlight that!
Amelia is a real superstar and I'll be sure to pass on your feedback.

I do hope we can welcome you back in the very near future

Reviewed July 26, 2018 via mobile

Had an amazing visit whilst here on business for the week. The staff were very friendly and helpful!

One of the waitress’s “Amelia” was particularly helpful and went out of her way to ensure we were given the best service possible! Thank you!!!

I look forward to returning in November!!

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business

Thanks for the 5 star review!
I will ensure your comments are shared with the wider team and especially with Amelia

I do hope we can welcome you back to the hotel soon, perhaps for leisure reasons and you can take some time to explore the beautiful area on our doorstep.