“Fantastic ,delicious food and great srevice”
Review of La Dolce Vita - CLOSED

La Dolce Vita
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2012

Staying down the road from this restaurant, we passed and went in on the offchance to book a table. Fortunately for us they squoze us in. It was one of the very best food experiences my husband and I have had.
The restaurant is tastefully decorated, warm and inviting. The music was unobtrusive and soft on the ear. It was a pleasure to be looked after by such a professional team who were attentive and friendly.
Now the food.
WOW!!!!!
We started with a selection of olives, dips and bread for which there was no charge. The menu offered a good selection of dishes, in fact we were stuck for choice. Our final choices revealed mouthwatering dishes of the finest cuisine imaginable. We were not hurried but left to our own pace to savour the well prepared and beautifully presented food.
We had three courses with wine, a dessert wine and coffee.
This was the best Italian restaurant I have eaten in and would highly recommend it.

1  Thank margeves

Reviewed April 30, 2012 via mobile

This is the second time we have been and it was as good as the first. Lovely food and staff!!

Reviewed April 29, 2012

We spent the weekend in Derby and decided on this restaurant after reading the reviews in Tripadvisor. What a find. We both started with the scallops which were cooked to perfection, and complimented by a perfect sauce which was delicate and did not detract from the fish. For main I ate the tagliatelli in a mushroom and cream sauce, really tasty. My partner chose the filleto rossini and said it tasted wonderful. It came with a selection of vegetables and garlicky potatoes. We shared a bottle of prosecco, which was light and fresh. With drinks to start, coffees and grappa the bill came to £91. Really good value for such a lovely meal. From the moment we arrived the staff were friendly and attentive despite the place being full. Would thoroughly recommend, and if we are ever in Derby again we would happily return.

1  Thank Jacqueline A
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I eat here after it was recommended to me.
I have to say I was not disappointed. The food was lovely, although the portion size slightly put me off....what are you complaining about I hear you cry! Nothing, honestly. Food, wine and service were great, and yes I would eat here again.

Reviewed April 22, 2012

We have been twice to La Dolce Vita. The first experience was very good, the staff being friendly and food tasting good. The second time, however, one of the waiters was overly stressed and you could feel it a little too much, and after having the seafood pizza I was ill in my stomach the following night and day. Most probably it was just one bad mussel on the pizza (my boy-friend also tried my food and was fine) but a place like that should be more careful with seafood. I also find the decor a little too pretentious but that is a question of taste.