All reviews car park bus station city centre executive room top floor discounted rate the air conditioning bars and restaurants multi storey modern hotel excellent hotel poached eggs saturday night reception staff buffet style full english craig
Selected filters
Reviewed April 5, 2019 via mobile

Had a lovely welcome from Chloe who is outstanding - she helped me with IHG rewards and just really made an effort to welcome me. Thanks Chloe.
Room was spotless and clean, spacious and comfortable. Tv and air con didn’t work at first but someone came and quickly fixed. My room overlooked the bus station, it was quiet though until about 7.30 am, but if the window is shut you wouldn’t know! Right opposite the shopping centre (INTU) With a Sainsbury’s right inside as well as loads of restaurants and shops. I walked to the cathedral in less than 10 mins.
I would stay here again.
Only thing to let it down was breakfast. The choice was good but the food was warm, and the female staff member at breakfast didn’t exactly ‘greet’ me, she didn’t even say hello or tell me where to sit. Customer service was definitely lacking-especially first thing In the morning!
But all the other staff were lovely.

Date of stay: April 2019
Reviewed March 27, 2019

Spent 3 nights at this hotel. The hotel is well situated for the city centre and is adjacent to the bus station. Rail station is 15 minute walk away. All the community areas are clean and well presented. My room was spotless and had all the facilities that you would expect. The TV in my room was not working on arrival but the Duty Manager immediately arranged my move to another room. Dinner each evening was both plentiful and tasty with the staff being very attentive. ALL the staff, without exception, were welcoming and certainly gave the impression that they wanted you to enjoy the stay at THEIR hotel. The only negatives, and hence not an "excellent" rating was that I found the breakfast items each morning were warm rather than hot. And on a personal point I was disappointed I would have like to see at least one UK-style beer on offer. Despite these points I will certainly be returning to the hotel in the future.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2019 via mobile

I used the Holiday Inn Riverlights as a meeting place for a colleague travelling from Leeds and myself training up from Fleet
We were given excellent service and cooperation by Claire on reception and Kurtis in the bar the meeting was very successful and better than the proposed meeting at a service area of the M1 motorway
Thank you you justify my commitment to trying to only use IHG hotels

Hope to see you again

Mel

Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Not the biggest fan of the Holiday Inn chain, but this one bucks the trend.

Friendly and helpful check-in. Slight issue on check-out but that was due to booking partner.

Room was very smart, nicely turned out. Wired internet. Clean and tidy bathroom. Comfortable bed.

Nice bar/restaurant area. Friendly service and good food recommendation. Table service for drinks when they were quiet, it doesn't take much to go the extra mile but appreciated very much. Evening meal was superb, nicely presented. Lovely breakfast in the morning too.

Reviewed March 4, 2019 via mobile

Rooms are spacious, clean and comfortable. We had an issue with the TV in our executive room (212) on the 2nd floor so as there were no other executives available we agreed to move to a standard room (14) the view from this room was far better than room 212 which overlooks a very dismal courtyard and other rooms windows, so although frustrating to begin with we were somewhat relived that we moved in the end . We were refunded the difference between room prices and staff provided free breakfast and drink vouchers at the bar which was a nice touch. Although our stay was on a Saturday night the hotel was very quiet and other than the odd screaming reveller down in the river gardens we had a peaceful nights sleep. Breakfast buffet was good, we went down really late so the food was a little dried out but I take the blame for being so lazy (hey at least there was something left) All in all a really pleasant stay so will definitely recommend and return again.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple