All reviews car park bus station city centre top floor fantastic location mini fridge discounted rate the air conditioning bars and restaurants alton towers modern hotel multi storey poached eggs saturday night reception staff buffet style double room
Reviewed June 30, 2018 via mobile

We came to this hotel on a coach trip. We only stayed for 1 night but wish they we could have stayed longer.
The outside of the hotel is not very impressive and neither is the reception area but the room and the restaurant/bar/lounge were a different story.
The room, on the 4th floor was very nice, spacious and clean. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom was well laid out and extremely clean.
There were some free toiletries and the added touches like, tissues etc. in the bathroom were most welcome. Unusually for a hotel in England, there was a fridge and a safe as well as an ironing board and an iron.
The air conditioning was good and the decor was tasteful.
The only downside of the room was the noise from outside. We overlooked the bus station and the noise went on till quite late. The windows shut out most of the noise but not all.
The evening meal was delicious and the breakfast was exceptionally good. All the staff were pleasant and friendly.
We would highly recommend this hotel.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
ClaireMooreyDGM, Manager at Holiday Inn Derby Riverlights, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2018

Thank you for your comments.

I am delighted to hear of your positive experience with us and have shared your comments with the team who were pleased to hear them.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed June 23, 2018

This hotel had everything that I needed. I was sorry to move halfway through my stay, but Derby is too far away from work. Hotel has nice shower and bed. The staff was friendly and helpful. Room was clean and it’s pretty quiet at night.

Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for your comments.

I am delighted to hear you had a wonderful stay with us and I have shared your comments with the team who were pleased to hear them.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed June 17, 2018

Upon arrival check-in was very efficient and friendly. I went to my room which was clean and feature rich - but the air conditioning wasn't working properly and the room was quite warm.
Barman was very efficient and friendly.
My room overlooked the bus station and was on the 2nd floor - meaning lots of external noise from both busses and young people who'd been drinking locally.
BY FAR THE WORST COMPLAINT though was when at around 02:30AM, the fire alarms went off. Naturally we all left the hotel and went outside, but not before the Holiday Inn reception staff had blamed the alarm on the Premier Inn next door! I hope that I never experience a real fire in Derby - because there was no organisation, staff were not calling out a list of rooms to see if everybody was out, and the fire brigade seemed to take a long time to arrive and then with only one appliance for both hotels.
I didn't get back to sleep at all, and had an early train to catch (before 08:00)...
I definitely won't be back!

• Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for your comments.

I am perturbed to hear of your experience and have passed comments onto staff so we can improve our service.

Our fire alarm is an interlinked system throughout the whole complex which has 7 businesses linked on one fire panel and on this occasion it was activated in the Premier Inn. Our staff have been fire training is up to date however on receipt of your review, the staff were retrained and a practise fire evacuation took place.

We do wish to welcome you back with us in the future.

Reviewed June 13, 2018

I stayed at The Holiday Inn Derby – Riverlights for just one night before business in the City the following day.

The hotel is very conveniently located in the City Centre but does not have it’s own parking, you have to park in the multi-story car park opposite as a discount.

I was warmly greeted as a IHG Rewards Club Gold Elite member and allocated a nice well equipped room with king size bed, it had a well appointed bathroom with all amenities and a good desk area and WIFI for work, which is important for me.

This is a nice modern hotel and I should imagine very busy at weekends, but was quiet during my stay which enabled me to have a good night’s sleep.

I only used the restaurant for breakfast and it was excellent nice friendly staff with eggs cooked to order, on the top flor with a nice view of the City.

I would certainly use this hotel again.

Room tip: Just remember there is no car park
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your comments.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed May 28, 2018 via mobile

I booked a room for 2 nights on booking. Com and I asked for a disabled access room. It was not a disabled access room, using the bathroom was very difficult for me. In addition, my husband and I found the bed very uncomfortable - it felt like the mattress had not been changed in years. The lifts are very small, it as very difficult to move my wheel chair. However, the staff seemed very friendly and the breakfast was lovely.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for your comments.

Upon receipt of your review we changed the mattress in the bedroom.

Th staff were thrilled to hear your comments with regards to them.

We do wish to welcome you back with us in the future.