Holiday Inn Derby Riverlights
HIExpress.com
$81
$70
Travelocity
Aston Court Hotel(Derby)(Great Value!)
$61
Agoda.com
$110
$99
  • Restaurant
Travelodge Derby Pride Park(Derby)(Great Value!)
$55
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
Premier Inn Derby West(Derby)(Great Value!)
$63
PremierInn.com
TripAdvisor
  • Restaurant
All reviewscar parkmini gymbus stationcity centreexecutive roomfantastic locationdiscounted ratethe air conditioningbars and restaurantsalton towersmodern hotelpoached eggsrooms are comfortablemulti storeysaturday nightfollowing morningreception staff
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Really nice new hotel smack in the heart of Derby. Great for shopping and access, but no parking other than Westfield shopping centre which was a bit of a pain. Dave on reception was so friendly and funny, the Exec room was stunning (better than many twice-the-price hotels we've stayed in) and the bar on the 4th floor was lovely; although I think Dave may have over-sold the view a bit (it was ok but not exactly Venice!) Great place though and great value.

Room Tip: Exec rooms are worth the extra, they're massive plus you get a free Mars bar :-)
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
GMHIDerbyRiverlights, Manager at Holiday Inn Derby Riverlights, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for the lovely review. I am glad that you liked the rooms and happy to know that Dave was very welcoming and helpful even though he over sold you on the lovely view bit. Being a city centre hotel unfortunately the car parking can be a issue but I am grateful for your patience on the matter.
I hope to see you again on you next shopping spree in Derby.

Thomas Panickamuriyl

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We had a great stay with family offer - a double room for us and a huge adjoining twin room for the children for free. Excellent value, friendly staff, especially Falon who went out of her way to make the children feel welcome. Great views! As ever good breakfasts that kept us all going all day.
Easy reach of Alton towers, Peak attractions. 2 minutes from cinema, lots of eateries.
Especially recommend the food nights at the wholefood shop over the road - bring your own bottle and eat what they have cooked, which in our case was a delicious curry.
Also the Holiday Inn restaurant (La Stresa - less stressy than it sounds!) was good.
Bit noisy at night from the club below - but bass notes of music rather than rowdy people. 3rd floor would be further away from this.
Cathfrosty and family

Room Tip: The rooms on floor 3 might be a bit quieter - we could hear the music from the club beneath. The kids room (205) was accessible and would have been great for a wheelchair user - very spacious.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
GMHIDerbyRiverlights, Manager at Holiday Inn Derby Riverlights, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Guest

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with ourselves. I am gald that the staff went out of their way make sure the children felt welcome and hope that you will visit us on your next Alton tower adventure. Do get in touch with our reservations team on reservations@hiderby.co.uk and we will try assign a quieter. Being a city center hotel, has its ups and down, but thank you for understanding and my apologies for the same.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just returned from what was meant to be a two night stay but i extended to another night because it was so comfortable and central to everything. Friendly helpful staff, great rooms which are spotless. Couldnt fault it. Would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

We try our best to be a great hotel and we are lucky to have great guests like yourself who find it in their schedule to write a nice and honest review. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Derby.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel was excellent, we only stayed one night, but it was memorable, the staff were very friendly efficient, professional.the hotel was spotlessly clean throughout. we went to a show at Derby Assembly Rooms which was just five minutes walk away. this hotel is perfectly situated right in the center, near the bus station and next to Westfields shopping center. I thought this hotel was great and will definately use it again in the future.

Room Tip: all rooms are larger than average
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time in writing a wonderful review. I am glad to hear that the staff was friendly & efficient and in the end made your stay at our hotel a memorable one. I hope you see you again on your next visit to Derby.

Thank you again for the review.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

After a few hiccups at the start this turned out to be THE best stay in a hotel I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy. I had a few problems with my room key (which was sorted by a wonderful young man) and before I had set down my bags by the door there was a lovely woman to assist me. After seeing I was struggling with my bags she even offered to help me get my stuff In to the room before promptly explaining all I needed to know. After a few attempts (someone took the batteries) with the remote I phoned room service and the lovely lady returned again this time going back for batteries while the hotel was fully booked, Very pleased. I felt right at home in the room and within the hour I had slipped into something more comfortable. The duty manager returned once more when I couldn't work the shower and when I did I got her wet which she took really well. Later I made my way to the bar where I was served by a lovely young lady with big blue eyes. She conversed with me and a few other male residents and made us all feel very welcome, dinner was beautiful and I couldn't have enjoyed the evening any more than I did. Breakfast was served just as I had asked and my compliments go to the chef on his outstanding job. Thank you to all of the staff at holiday inn derby you made it worth while, I will be sure to visit again in the foreseeable future.

• Stayed: March 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time in writing a nice review praising both the hotel and Staff. I am glad the staff went out of their way to ensure the experience was turned around even though you had encountered slight problems with the Key card.
Again I thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Derby Riverlights and hope to see you soon.