“Best Service ever.”

Holiday Inn Derby Riverlights
Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed April 5, 2013

After a few hiccups at the start this turned out to be THE best stay in a hotel I have ever had the pleasure to enjoy. I had a few problems with my room key (which was sorted by a wonderful young man) and before I had set down my bags by the door there was a lovely woman to assist me. After seeing I was struggling with my bags she even offered to help me get my stuff In to the room before promptly explaining all I needed to know. After a few attempts (someone took the batteries) with the remote I phoned room service and the lovely lady returned again this time going back for batteries while the hotel was fully booked, Very pleased. I felt right at home in the room and within the hour I had slipped into something more comfortable. The duty manager returned once more when I couldn't work the shower and when I did I got her wet which she took really well. Later I made my way to the bar where I was served by a lovely young lady with big blue eyes. She conversed with me and a few other male residents and made us all feel very welcome, dinner was beautiful and I couldn't have enjoyed the evening any more than I did. Breakfast was served just as I had asked and my compliments go to the chef on his outstanding job. Thank you to all of the staff at holiday inn derby you made it worth while, I will be sure to visit again in the foreseeable future.

• Stayed: March 2013
GMHIDerbyRiverlights, Manager at Holiday Inn Derby Riverlights, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time in writing a nice review praising both the hotel and Staff. I am glad the staff went out of their way to ensure the experience was turned around even though you had encountered slight problems with the Key card.
Again I thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Derby Riverlights and hope to see you soon.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Stayed here regularly over the past two years. It is a great hotel. Rooms are immaculate, room service is good and gym is decent for a hotel. The staff are extremely helpful and friendly. They always go out of their way to help you out. No negative comments whatsoever.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for a wonderful review and thank you for your loyality over the past 2 years. Please feel free to approach any one us in the hotel if ever you are in need of anything. The team will try their best to make you feel at home. Hope to see your around for the next 2 years. :-)

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Together with 23 friends I stayed there on Good-Friday from one night. The rooms were newly refurbished, clean und nice. The hotel staff helped us with all questions we had. The breakfast buffet was very good, too. We certainly will come back when staying again at Derby
Christoph Brutschin

Room Tip: Fourth floors rooms have a nice view.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for the nice review. I hope all 23 of your friends had a good stay with our selves. I hope to see you again next time. Do get it touch with our reservation team on reservations@hiderby.co.uk if you are looking for a group booking the future.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Stayed here on a trip to Derby over the Easter weekend. The hotel is very modern, clean and comfortable and right in the centre of the city. Check in was fast and efficient and although I tried to get a platinum member upgrade this wasn't available as the hotel was full. No problem there but there is absolutely no recognition given to priority club members whatsoever. The room, even though not upgraded was great with a really good bathroom and shower. We certainly had no problem with traffic notice or air conditioning noise that have been mentioned in other reviews. I would have no hesitation in returning to this hotel next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for the nice review and we appreciate your feed back. As a Platinum member, you are one of our elite guests and we are sorry we couldn't give you an upgrade on this occassion. We unfortunately only have 6 suites in total hence becomes very hard for us to choose. Further to your trip advisor quote, we have a lot of Platinum members staying with us on a regular basis we try our best to rotate the suites amoung our loyal guests. But I am glad you liked our rooms and happy to know that you will return to us on your next visit to Derby.

Kind Ragards

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My wife and I stay in the hotel for a nice relaxing easter weekend we checked in on the friday evening with a girl that was more bothered about how she looked then me and my wife. we were given a room card and told we could find our way to the room if we follow the room number when we finally got to our room the card didnt work. Finally we were in the room and it was like they aint dusted seens they been open. we dined at stresa for our evening meal it you could call it that it was cold and burnt.the only reasons we have given 1 star is for the very nice breakfast we had in morning we were leaving. the chef on duty was a young spainsh guy who was very well manered and a pleasure to be around i would like you to pass my thanks on to him.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review. The experience you had with ourselves is not reflective of the normal standards we adhere to as a hotel. We would like to know more about your stay with us inorder to ensure the same does not happen again.Feel free to write directly to me on gm@hiderby.co.uk.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

We booked in for 2 nights, Easter Sunday and Bank Holiday Monday. Hotel is right in the middle of Derby with a short walk to many restaurants. Our room was upgraded for free, as the first room we were allocated was small and the z bed we asked for for our son, wasn't ready. The front desk were very apologetic and we moved to a much larger room and the bed arrived within minutes the move.

Breakfast was buffet style in a very clean, smart and modern restaurant. There is a bar here too and a large area to relax in.

Room Tip: As the hotel is in the centre of the city, expect a few revellers to pass by.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Thank you for a wonderful review. We are glad that you enjoyed your Easter Weekend with us, sorry about the small detail about the extra bed. We have addressed the issue hence it may not happen again.
Again thank you for the review and hope to see you next time when you are in Derby .

Reviewed April 2, 2013

We booked one night here as a romantic package which was very good value. Staff were very friendly and welcoming, room spacious and very clean and the bathroom was the cleanest I have ever come across in a hotel of this standard. Included in our package was a 3 course dinner and breakfast. Unfortunately the restaurant was not as good as the rest of the hotel - although the staff still friendly the service was too laid back. Our waiter didn't open our wine and we were not asked if we needed anything else when served the meal e.g. Sauces. The food was ok but had no flair in taste or presentation. At breakfast, although not full and with over an hour left for service, there were many gaps in the available food - no fresh bread except sliced, no croissants, no orange juice, the few fried eggs taken by the couple before me etc. No chef appeared to be keeping an eye on the food area - a waiter eventually filled up the juice. Food quality was good but if a buffet breakfast is offered then it should be stocked regularly. It's a shame because breakfast is a vital part of a hotel stay for me and I'm sure for most people - in this case - what a let down!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest

Thank you for staying with us thank you for writing a review. I am glad that you found the staff friendly and the rooms to your expectations. We have addressed the issue with the restaurant and we have made necessary changes, I assure you the same is not reflective of the normal standard we provide at the hotel.
Thank you again for posting your thoughts on Trip advisor which will help us to better ourselves and provide a better experience in the future to our guests.

KInd Regards