“At last an excellent independent Italian Restaurant in Derby!”
Review of Cucina

Cucina
Ranked #8 of 617 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Italian trattoria, serving homemade fresh food 5 days a week. Family run, local institution, opened by Alfonso Mallardo, and now run by his two sons. In the evenings, we serve a mixture of Italian classics, and some more adventurous specials. Pop in for lunch for a quick bowl of pasta or platters of antipasti.
Reviewed September 14, 2013

Had a lovely evening on Friday enjoying a three course meal at Cucina. The host is charming and waitress gave excellent, attentive service. The main courses were particularly good. I had saltimbocca with risotto on the side (including pearl barley). It was exquisite. The earl grey panacotta for desert was also lovely. I tasted my husband's meal and it was spot on. I don't think you could go wrong with anything on the menu. It's very good value and we had a great bottle of red wine with our meal for £11.

I was a bit surprised that on a Friday night when we walked in at just after 7 pm there were only two other table occupied. Things did pick up at 8 pm but it wasn't as full as it deserved to be with the standard of the cuisine. Come on Derby- support good independent businesses!

Reviewed September 13, 2013

Enjoyed yet another fantastic meal in this restaurant last night with my husband & friends. Food is always excellent as is the service from all the staff. Looking forward to the next time.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was my first time here in September 2013 and what a fantastic surprise it was! The restaurant came recommended by friends and I was a little skeptical at first – but I wasn't disappointed! The menu had a great choice, house wine was fantastic, attentive staff, fabulous food and extremely reasonably priced.

Will certainly be back!

Reviewed September 7, 2013

In Derby for the weekend attending a wedding, consulted Trip Advisor for Italian restaurants, veiwed top 3, chose Cucina after reading their reviews.
So glad i made this choice,pleasant decor, loved the music, layout nice, tables/cutlery/glasswear spotless, i recieved a warm welcome from the owner and as a sole diner i was afforded the same star treatment as the parties of diners that rolled in later.
Nothing too much trouble,chatted with me about my home town, my visit to Derby etc, Food brilliant, i cannot fault anything i had placed in front of me.
So relaxed and was not made to feel i needed to leave when the place got full and i was occupying a table set out for 4 people.
I take my hat off to the chefs and the front of house who worked constantly and efficently throughout the evening.
Pleasantly suprised when i got the bill, i had 3 courses plus 1 bottle of their finest Prosseco and the cost was £31 :-) I have dined soley in many places and i have to say that this is in my top 3 for Dining experiences.
Thouroughly Recommend for a Great night out, alone or with friends.
Keep up the excellent work gents

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Green Lane area is not in the heart of Derby's restaurant area. I was disappointed when Cucina restaurant closed down and it took some time before I realised it had reopened. The food is still excellent possibly a bigger choice, sorry I didn't know that you had opened again sooner.
If you want a quick meal in the evenings it is not the place for you, but if you want an excellent meal and undivided attention during your meal then, for me, it is the only restaurant in Derby.
Thank you Cucina. Nice to see you back.