“SUPERB”

Birchover Darley Abbey
Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We went to these apartments for a break and were delighted with the interior of the apartment, there is everything you could ever need and the bed was big and very comfy. The sauna is a lovely luxurious extra - very relaxing. The apartment was spotless and felt cosy and comforting. We received a lovely welcome and the heating was on for us so as we walked in the warmth just hugged us which was lovely as it was freezing outside! The communication with the Manager via email was excellent service, replying to any queries very quickly.
For a lovely home cooked meal we would suggest the Queens Head in Little Eaton (close by) homely pub and great food(proper chips)
We would not hesitate to return to Birchover and highly recommend the apartments.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Birchover, Owner at Birchover Darley Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Dear debbie b

Last week, we celebrated being top of Trip Advisor in Derby for the whole of 2013 - and then you posted this review! It really was the icing on the cake. Thank you so much.

You also are competing with a recent reviewer for the fastest positive feedback, when you emailed me on arrival. I am so pleased that the rest of your stay continued to be so good. Chloe was the lady who gave you the 'lovely welcome' and Sharon B and Magine are to be credited with the 'spotless' apartment you stayed in.

Funnily enough, on the day you posted the review, Lisa and I had been to the Queen's Head in Little Eaton for lunch. We love it there and can concur on the 'proper chips'! I also know that on the night you were there, one of our housekeepers bumped into one of our long-term guests there. So it's clearly popular with our guests and staff alike... that's our enthusiastic joint promotion of their establishment over with!

When you choose to return to Birchover, please do feel free to contact me directly - it would be great to meet you and say thank you personally. Have a wonderful 2014!

There are newer reviews for Birchover Darley Abbey

Reviewed January 2, 2014

We booked this with zoo travel it was fantastic value the appartment was lovely,very big and well furnished to a high standard. The staff we all very helpful with advice and recommendations with places to visit and restaurants. Looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Birchover, Owner at Birchover Darley Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2014

Dear Sharon B

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always pleasing to hear that guests feel the apartments are spacious and furnished to a high standard.

We had a couple of guests called Sharon B from your area in the past few weeks, so I can't accurately name the team members who will have been so helpful, but I'm sure the whole team will be happy to see your feedback.

We really hope that you do return and please feel free to contact us directly when you want to book in with us again.

Best wishes and thank you once again for your great review,

Reviewed December 30, 2013

I stayed in an apartment with my bridesmaid the night before my wedding and we both got ready there the next day. Then my new husband and I stayed in the bridal suite after the wedding. Both apartments were absolutely brilliant, so well equipped, luxurious, spacious and definitely nice enough to live in full-time. They were just perfect. My only disappointment is that I live too close to justify being able to stay in them again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Birchover, Owner at Birchover Darley Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Dear Karen G

It's wonderful to hear from you and thank you so much for your amazing review. I am so pleased that we could play our little part in your special day and I hope that you are enjoying married life!

If you're looking for an excuse to come back, then perhaps your wedding anniversary might be reason enough to stay in a hotel in your home town! If you do decide to come back, please contact Carl or Chloe and we'll do our best to make it as special as we can.

Best wishes to you both for the future and please do pop in and see us sometime if you get an opportunity. Thank you once again,

Reviewed December 26, 2013

Each week I have stayed in the Birchover Darley Abbey while working nearby. I can confidently say that the apartments are a true gem when staying in Derby! All the apartments (and I've stayed in nearly all of them at some point) are clean, comfortable and very well kitted out, from the highly capable and well equipped kitchen and living areas to the relaxing saunas in each bathroom (sometimes with a 'Narnia' feel).
The bedrooms are all very comfortable, and on each stay I have had great sleeps with no disturbing noise from the room or other guests. Special mention goes out to all the staff, who are very welcoming and friendly. I sometimes have rough days at work so the warm welcomes on check-in and the 'good morning' wishes from the cleaning and maintenance staff helps to make each stay a very pleasant experience. It is no wonder I have been staying as a regular each week for around two years!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Birchover, Owner at Birchover Darley Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2013

Dear Patrick C

Sometimes we have to do a bit of investigative work to determine who has left a review...that's certainly not the case with yourself!! You've been with us on this journey ever since Lisa and I came in to manage - and then buy - the business. You've written some very kind words about the hotel and the team and we're equally delighted that you've been so happy to stay every week for this whole period of well-over two years You are probably the best-placed guest to see how the business has progressed and I'm personally so happy that you've felt confident in recommending us to so many of your colleagues.

Normally, I would personally name the staff members who have made your stay so special, but I would probably have to name all 23 staff - but it's nice you've mentioned the maintenance guys who never normally get a mention, so thank you Martin and Steve!

I am determined to complete a 'Birchover Bingo' sheet for you with all our apartments listed on a grid, to see if you have indeed stayed in all 40!! It's a New Year's Resolution, so I hope I can complete that for you!

Many thanks again Patrick - it's always special when one of our regular weekly guests leaves such a fantastic review, because it demonstrates to me that our team are getting it right every single time. Hopefully see you again soon.

Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous hospitality spotless very comfortable definately recommend and will certainly return. Thank you :-)
The local florist used was also excellent. Beautiful arrangement.
Ideal base for getting out and about.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Birchover, Owner at Birchover Darley Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2013

Dear bhalligan

It was a real pleasure to welcome yourself and your wife to Birchover a couple of months ago. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review and I hope that you and your family have a great Christmas.

To continue our theme of giving credit where it is due to our team, Justyna (who left Birchover a few weeks ago, but sent us a lovely Christmas message today!) and Sharon B were the ladies who were responsible for your 'spotless' apartment and Rowan was the lady who greeted you that day.

I'm pleased to say that we always use the same florist for when guests order flowers - Chris and the team at Season's Florist on Park Farm in Allestree were the ladies who created the beautiful arrangement for your wife. (Great work, Chris!).

I know that it will be a welcome treat for you when you return to Birchover and I'll ensure that I come and personally say thank you for the review and your kind words.

Best wishes to you and your family,

Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Had a lovely one nights stay , the people were very friendly and welcoming , the room was very clean , comfortable and modern and the sauna was such a nice touch ,the noise level was low with no disturbance I felt , well located for our means , will visit again .

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Birchover, Owner at Birchover Darley Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2013

Dear Roisin N

Thank you so much for your kind and positive review of your stay with us last weekend. We are all thrilled that you found every aspect of your stay to be so good.

Lesley was the lady who showed you to your apartment and so I'll ensure that Lesley reads this review and your comments that she was friendly and welcoming. Sharon S and Maria were the housekeepers responsible for your 'very clean' apartment.

We're really pleased that you had a lovely and quiet stay and look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We booked these apartments for 2 nights in November as a base for shopping and site seeing in Derby,upon arrival we received an excellent welcome by the lady on reception who clearly loves her job, (Chrissy I think), and we were shown to our 2 bed apartment. We had studied the website and we were prepared to be blown away, I have to say that it totally met our expectations and was exactly like the website photos. We were so delighted that my wife couldn't wait to email the owner and tell him how pleased we were. The apartments are clean modern and well equipped, including a sauna, and exactly what we were looking for, you have to remember these are self catering apartments and not a hotel or a bed and breakfast place which some people on here seem to be confused with, with tea coffee milk and even a bottle of prosseco provided we could not wish for anything more, if we are planning a stay in this area of the country again we would definitely choose to stay here, many thanks to all concerned

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Birchover, Owner at Birchover Darley Abbey, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Arnold A

We are very thankful to you that you've chosen to post this review of your stay with us on Trip Advisor. Your wife's email to me on the night you arrived was lovely to receive...and, as I said at the time, she definitely wins the prize for fastest positive feedback that we've ever received!! I'm glad that the rest of the stay continued to be so positive for you both.

Thank you so much for mentioning Chrissy by name in your review. Chrissy was thrilled when I passed on your feedback the day after your wife's email and I honestly think it's a real boost for the whole team here. Chrissy has recently been promoted into a managerial position from the housekeeping team and this will show all the other people in the team with a similar great attitude that it is possible to make this transition.

I'm so pleased that we were exactly what you were looking for in your coveted break away. It's been great to continue our conversations after your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Best wishes and have a lovely Christmas,