“Little Gem!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Derby
Chuckles Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 24 Derby B&B and Inns
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at chuckles for 8days altogether while working in derby, were do i start? From the moment i stepped in to the time i closed the door and left i was treated as part of the owners nina and glen family, lovely warm welcome, beyond helpful, top breakfast using decent ingriedients (not like a lot of places do this) and
all in all couldnt have asked for any more! I could go on and on but all i would say is make sure you dont miss this place! I would stay here over any 5star hotel all day long! If nina and glen see this can i thankyou for my little snack bag you gave me for my long journey back south! The perfect little touch! Thankyou

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank missV34
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this great review. We are delighted you enjoyed your stays with us. Not sure if you've realised yet you left your coat here, but we will post it on to you. Best wishes Nina and Glenn

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Glenn and Nina Grant are running an amazing place in Derby: the atmosphere is so pleasant, excellent breakfast, friendly, helpful (they provide maps, tips about discounts in tasty restaurant partners, information all the time) and genuine bio products (the breakfast is simply great!also suitable for vegetarians).
I stayed more than 5 months in Derby and I always come back there when I have the chance: the common showers and toilette are the best I found, it's not the usual idea about the sharing spaces: the hygienic and cleaning is checked every time, continuously and i NEVER felt disappointed or uncomfortable, the hosts are great and very carefully, nothing you could experienced before!Very recommended! Marinella Senatore

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

Oh Marianella, thank you my dear for such a lovely review. It's always a pleasure to see you and we look forward to your next visit. Nina and Glenn

Reviewed December 13, 2012

I stayed at Chuckles while working in Derby. I honestly have nothing negative to say - this is a brilliant B&B run by brilliant people. Nina and Glen are really friendly and helpful - they even gave me advice about where to go for my morning jog! I stayed in a twin room as there weren't any singles available. The bed was really comfy and the room was warm and cosy with everything you'd need - kettle, tea and coffee, TV. I wasn't bothered about there being no ensuite bathroom but the shared showers and toilets were great all the same. Really clean and super powerful hot showers. The real highlight for me was the breakfasts. There was a realyl lovely selection of cereals, fresh and dried fruit but the cooked breakfast are amazing! I'm a vegetarian and this was THE best veggie brekkie I've ever had - it even came with veggie sausage and black pudding. I'm still dreaming of it now...

Room Tip: I had a room at the back of the house and despite this being in the city centre it was always very q...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank jenni_haych
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 17, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write such a complimenary review, we really appreciate your comments and are delighted you enjoyed your stay (and breakfast) with us. Best wishes, Nina and Glenn

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Absolutely perfect in every way. I can't sing the praises of Chuckles loud enough. From the initial welcome to saying cheerio, Glenn and Nina were so friendly, chatty, helpful - what fantastic hosts!

From Glenn and Nina to the lovely, spotlessly clean room, the comfy bed, spacious shower with an endless supply of hot water and last but not least the cooked breakfast each morning - for me it was 5 star all the way.

I loved every minute of my weekend stay, Chuckles will be my 1st choice any time I visit Derby. I have no hesitation in recommending Chuckles to everyone visiting Derby.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Alan T
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 6, 2012

Thank you so much Alan. We are really glad you had a such good weekend and hope to see you again next year. With all best wishes.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

My friend and I stayed at Chuckles for two nights and found the whole experience a pleasure. Glen and Nina were welcoming, friendly and attentive hosts. Nothing was too much trouble - they even printed out information for us, without being asked. Breakfast was well-cooked and tasty (I loved the fruit, and my friend had the veggie option, which she said was delicious). The room was clean and comfortable, overlooking the pretty garden, and the newly refurbished toilets and showers were spotless and roomy. All in all, it was perfect.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lonetraveller185
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you so much, we are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to seeing you again. All best wishes, Nina & Glenn

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The couple in charge of this place went a LONG way to make us feel welcomed. The place was very clean. I loved the showers and enjoyed the breakfast. There was plenty of choice and they had even bought some soya milk and yoghurts for my friend who is allergic to lactose. Many thanks again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Serge L
chucklesguesthouse, Owner at Chuckles Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you Serge. It was a pleasure meeting you all and we hope we can entice you back to Derby sometime.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

A great Location a few mins walk to the centre with good restaurants and coffee shops to hand as well. Excellent value for the price, the room was clean and the communal showers/toilets were spotless, and providing i can access breakfast before the 9am start (that’s almost lunch time in my book) I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: The Highest room has a low beam through it , but its worth it for the view over derby.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo