“Great”

Ranked #3 of 29 Hotels in Derby
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Great”
Reviewed March 8, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on a Saturday night, perfect central location. Shocked by price of wifi - don't understand why hotels still think £5 for an hour is reasonable. Could work heating system - uncomfortably warm all night. Apart from that all was well, place feels modern and clean, and at a fantastic price

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank AGouldsbrough

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Turkish first
Alvechurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 8, 2014

I didn't drive there so I have no idea how easy it is to find, however my colleagues have said that the ring road is confusing not easy to get around. Reception is very good, pleasant, informative and efficient. I was offered the free Wifi code without asking. The rooms have modern decor with muted tones, mine had a bath which I love when I am away from home. The room and bathroom were clean. Expansive view from room, countryside in the near distance aided by a beautiful spring day. Tea and Coffee available but not even a biscuit in sight! I turned the heating/ A/C on but could not get the temp below 18C. Bring your own shower cap, none supplied and the shower head is high, non adjustable and fixed direct to the wall and for a shorty like me that is not helpful. There is a good old-fashioned rubber plug in the bath which is a pleasant surprise. Dinner was good however my first choice Sea Bass was not available (@ 7.45 pm) so I opted for the Fish Pie which was very tasty served with Greens which were cooked perfectly. To be fair some of my colleagues dined ahead of me and had the Sea Bass which they recommended. I had the Warm Goats cheese salad as stater which was cold. Breakfast was good, the usual hot items which were very tasty and not dried out. There was also a cold buffet but I could not find any Yoghurt. A criticism and not a complaint from me is the bagels are too big and the croissants too small! The service staff are very pleasant and helpful. In the evening before dinner I had to wait at the bar for 5 mins before I went to Reception to ask for service. The S Blanc 'Tierra' is only just palatable and at £6.50 a glass I'd recommend the Shiraz instead! Oh there is a choice of pillows too and the bed is comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed February 24, 2014

I have stayed at the Jurys Inn Derby a number of times before. It is a smart, business hotel with lots of floors, dominating the skyline of Derby! I normally stay for just one night, but this time it was for two nights, Friday to Sunday.

The twin-bedded room was very clean and tidy with all the things you'd expect, i.e. tea/coffee making facilities, iron and ironing board, flat-screen TV with Freeview, data port (£5.00 per hour) and 24 hours of free Wi-Fi once during your stay.

The ironing board and iron were rather useless - such poor quality that it was pointless trying to get the creases out of anything with them. I suppose this was just a faulty iron and cheap ironing board and I didn't mention it to the staff, so...

Breakfast is a self-service affair and I was pleased to see they have introduced quite a few new things like: various breads that you can cut to the thickness of your choice with honey and marmalade; porridge in a big vat rather than needing to be ordered from the waiting staff as before.

All in all, it does what you'd expect and *sometimes* exceeds your expectations!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Can not complain to be honest its a pretty decent hotel with great service and clean rooms. We chose this hotel for its location to stay as close to town as we could and we will be back soon thank you for looking after us :)

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
derbyshire
Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

I stopped here with 2 friends in December for our work christmas party.

We choose it as its a new hotel in Derby and ideal location.
We also booked well in advance so got a good rate for the room - worked out to be £23 each.

We knew its location and car parking issue but as we local knew where the alternative car park would be........but if we didnt know Derby and its one way system it would of been very frustrating to turn up to the hotel and not be able to park.

Check in was fine and friendly. Not shown to our room but I wouldnt expect to be in a hotel of this nature.
Howrver I was quite surprised how small the room was........it was advertised as a triple.
Ive stayed in much larger "double" rooms.

Ir was clean though and as it was just a stop over we didnt expect anything more.

Although, I must complain about the seriously budget brand toilet roll! I've seen softer toilet roll in council toilets!
Its only a small point ........but it is the little things.

We asked reception to call us a taxi which on gping down no reception staff were available to tell us this had been done and where the taxi would be waiting for us.
We ended up having to wait in the layby about 100ft from the doors.......we think they have a contract with a taxi firm who just randomly pull up. So not very personal.

Couldnt tell you if the hotel was noisy or not as we were all slightly merry when we got in so fell straight to sleep.

I probably wouldnt stay here again but was okay for a night

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gema_lou
nottingham
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Staying at this hotel was a positive experience from start to finish. A warm friendly greeting from the receptionist. Good service in the restaurant with excellent food. A very helpful manager for whom nothing was too much trouble. Inexperienced but willing to learn barman.
The rooms were clean - if a tad on the small side. The lack of any drawers meant you had to live out of the suitcase.
Good location with reasonably priced car park for the overnight stay.
Would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Choose a room on a high floor or you may be disturbed by road noise.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank doilikeholidays
New Waltham
Reviewed February 16, 2014

Feeling pretty smug because we only paid £20.14 each with breakfast via a promotion been run through 2014 by a separate site, which also applies to Saturday night. That been said, would gladly pay the full price once the offer expires. We found the room to be quite comfortable and quite easy to get to the temperature that we desired. Room cleanliness was acceptable as was level of decor, furnishings and accessories. Expect to find an Iron and board, hairdryer, kettle and TV. Good powerful shower over a full sized bath.

Reception, bar and restaurant where also comfortable. Price of food and drink is merely a matter of opinion, I thought prices where OK. Breakfast is a buffet style affair, but is brought out so regularly that you are effectively getting a relatively fresh one. Huge range to choose from and quite tasty. Breakfast regime is a pretty relaxed affair too, any time between 7 and 11 on a Sunday, and you don't have to check out until noon either, so relax, enjoy you're breakfast.

We timed our arrival for around 11.30 a.m and had no problem finding a place in the hotel car park, although there are only around thirty spaces, so first come first served. There is a layby in front of the hotel though, so somewhere to drop off luggage and passengers before moving off to find a city centre car park.

Located just across the road from the Cathedral Quarter, accessing shops, bars, restaurants, clubs etc. About a 10-15 minute walk to the Assembly Rooms.

Room Tip: people complain about traffic noise? we always take earplugs when we travel.....
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple