2,086 results
All reviews pool table free movies bar area walk in shower nice hotel wet room business park business trip pride park train station enjoyed my stay would stay again steak car parking city centre one night stay ps4
Selected filters
Reviewed April 29, 2019

Stayed her based on the reviews and thought the hotel looked good and on checking in the hotel looked good as they have obviously aimed to make the lobby, ground floor bar area the focus.

However the rest of the experience was the worst I have had for a VERY long time, the room was very small and where the table was you could not walk between the bed and the table if the chair was pulled out slightly from under the table.

They advertise free WiFi and also have a paid for premium service, this is not that unusual to see but when the free WiFi is so slow that it is unusable. I am not able to say what the speed was as both Fast.com and Speedtest.net failed to run their tests as the connection timed out. The front page of the BBC news site took over 2 and half minutes to load so I would guess about 50kb and not what most people would call even a usable service for browsing the internet. I had to use my phone as a mobile hotspot rather than using their WiFi luckily I had a good amount of data available on my mobile.

I did post a review on Facebook that evening and got a call from reception at 10:15pm to advise if I signup to there marketing emails then I would get a better WiFi experience. This did not sit well with me as I had already paid over £60 to stay in this hotel and then to say ohh if you want a service we advertise as free to be actually useable then you have to get marketing emails from us is a joke.

Check out in the morning 3 people waiting and one person on check out but 3 other members of staff just standing around at the end of the bar chatting.

When next in Derby will stay elseware that is for sure and hope they get their act together.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
BarboraPetirovaPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2019

Dear DSL_Slaphead,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

I am sorry that our Wi-Fi connection didn't meet the expectations that we would have both had however we always try to fix issues for guests when arise and this is a reason why we contacted you 5 minutes after you posted Facebook review. I am sorry if you were bothered by our call. I do apologize if you feel you didn't receive quick service in the morning please be assured your feedbacks will be taken on board

I would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel where hopefully we can rectify your past experience.

Very best regards

Reviewed April 23, 2019

Perfect for an overnight stay. Situated not far from city centre and walking distance to derby football ground. We booked prior and got a great price. Car park costs £5 for overnight. Rooms had everything we needed. Hairdryer toiletries water and tv. Staff very helpful and pleasant. Bar area pleasant and comfortable.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank jackyboi

Dear Jackyboi,

Thank you for great 5* review of your stay with us at pentahotel Derby.

I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with pentahotels. We are so glad that you found our hotel good place to stay and it give us a pleasure to read your kind words on our location, value, rooms, bar area & helpful staff.

I hope that we will see you back again soon!

Reviewed April 21, 2019 via mobile

We stayed at the pentahotel as we were going to a wedding about 10 minutes drive away. The parking was free for the deal we got and we also got early check in and late check out.

The hotel is excellent, the rooms are comfy and the shower was a walk in which I liked.

The breakfast was the best part as it catered for whatever people would like including cereal, croissants, bacon, sausage etc.

There is also a mini gym and a sauna.

Would definitely stay again.

Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank D3583EKchrisr

Dear D3583EKchrisr,
Thank you for the great 5-star review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

The team here in Derby are all working towards making the hotel a great place to relax & stay & I am glad that this came across during your visit. It gives us a pleasure to read your kind words on our location, rooms, shower and great breakfast.

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed April 21, 2019

Great hotel, friendly service and comfy rooms. No hidden extras (films are free etc). Tasty menu at restaurant but very limited choice. Bar and lounge are relaxed and ambience is relaxed. I love the music, but it is everywhere and not to everyone's taste...

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear OnAir31613046242,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience in our hotel on TripAdvisor.

We are so glad that you found our hotel good place to stay and that you enjoyed the rooms, service and atmosphere. Your particular feedback regarding menu and music is very valuable for us and we will certainly take these comments on board.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Derby.

Reviewed April 16, 2019

My boyfriend and I stayed here in a superior room over night, it was his birthday so I requested something to be done in the room and they provided two mini bottle of Prosecco, macaroons and a note! It was very unexpected but lovely! The room was clean and beds comfy!
The breakfast was one of the best we’ve had at a hotel before! We really enjoyed our stay thankyou for having us!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank OnAir02926841444

Dear OnAir02926841444,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are absolutely delighted that you had such a pleasurable stay and you choose our hotel for your birthday celebration. It gives us great pleasure to read your kind words on our cleanliness, rooms, breakfast and perfect service.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Derby.