2,044 results
All reviews pool table free movies bar area walk in shower nice hotel wet room business park business trip train station enjoyed my stay pride park would stay again steak car parking city centre one night stay ps4
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

To start this review i would like to say the staff are not up to standard and ruined my experience of staying at this hotel. Overall the price is very expensive and this price doesn't even include the charging for parking which in itself is pricey at the minimum charge £5!
The hotel looks like a american movie theater from outside and the rooms are average at best. Our TV didnt work so i asked for a member of staff to come have a look, a lady behind the reception with tattoos, fairly young said someone would be up shortly. I waited and waited and waited but noone came, when i went back down she argued that it is not her job to fix this issue and wouldnt even let me change room. In the end i had to persist with no televison. In the end i argued for no charge on parking at cost to which they even refused! Absolutely appauled and would recommend anyone to stay away from here.

Room tip: Loud rooms
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BarboraPetirovaPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Bookstargravity,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us here at pentahotel Derby.

We do carry out regular market research to ensure our pricing is in line with the market. Our car parking is advertised as chargeable however our guests has discount as parking for non-residents is £9 a day. Unfortunately you do not disclose any details regarding your room number or reservation so I can't check if issue has been logged or not. My colleague from reception only followed the rules as the rest of the team does and she was also supervised by manager. I can assure you that all of our staff are trained for customer service and dealing with such a situations.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Customer service was shocking, lady behind reception with tattoos quite young was extremely rude. Rooms are alright, hotel looks nice from outside at night. overall the lady behind reception was arrogant, argumentative and does not fit in for customer service.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank Oliver F

Dear Oliver F,

I am glad that in general room and building was your taste however you mentioned some issue which was disturbing for you. Unfortunately as you broke the hotel rules which you agreed with by signing registration card on check in, my colleague from reception only requested fee to be paid from you. She followed the rules as the rest of the team does and she was also supervised by manager. I can assure you that all of our staff are trained for customer service and dealing with such a situations.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a lovely couple of days stay, The staff were very attentive, The hotel was clean and fresh looking, the only (slightly negative) comment I would have is that the pillows were a bit flat and only one provide.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BarboraPetirovaPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Trek64972613940,
Thank you for taking the time to post your great review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with pentahotels.
I will be sure that the team are thanked for making your stay enjoyable, it is great to read the positive feedback about our brand and team. Please be assured your feedback regarding pillows will be taken on board.

Very best regards,

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

overall great but u need to look at the small things as well as the big we had a meal allowance every night but was charged extra for fries even though we had only spent half the allowance and charged 5.00 a night to park there totally wrong

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BarboraPetirovaPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear GrandTour62729908639,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad you had overall great stay with us however you mentioned some issues which were disturbing for you.
You have allowance for 2 course meal from your company unfortunately we are not allow to charge anything extra as drinks or sides however I do apologize this was not properly communicated to you.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at the Penta in Derby for business on the night of February 9th. The hotel has a great location a short walk from Derby station and 5 minutes from Pride Park football stadium.
The hotel has a really modern feel and and friendly staff, my room was spotless and the bed really comfortable. I have had lunch here on a separate occasion which was really good.
All in all a great place to stay in Derby. I was amazed at the price of my room too which was great value for money to say the least!

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Scenic50665866140,
Thanks for taking the time to post your 5* review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are absolutely delighted that you had such a pleasurable stay and enjoyed the facilities the pentahotel has to offer. It gives us great pleasure to read your kind words on our great location, restaurant, bed, value and friendly staff.