2,044 results
All reviews pool table free movies bar area walk in shower nice hotel wet room business park business trip train station enjoyed my stay pride park would stay again steak car parking city centre one night stay ps4
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

overall great but u need to look at the small things as well as the big we had a meal allowance every night but was charged extra for fries even though we had only spent half the allowance and charged 5.00 a night to park there totally wrong

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BarboraPetirovaPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear GrandTour62729908639,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am glad you had overall great stay with us however you mentioned some issues which were disturbing for you.
You have allowance for 2 course meal from your company unfortunately we are not allow to charge anything extra as drinks or sides however I do apologize this was not properly communicated to you.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

I stayed at the Penta in Derby for business on the night of February 9th. The hotel has a great location a short walk from Derby station and 5 minutes from Pride Park football stadium.
The hotel has a really modern feel and and friendly staff, my room was spotless and the bed really comfortable. I have had lunch here on a separate occasion which was really good.
All in all a great place to stay in Derby. I was amazed at the price of my room too which was great value for money to say the least!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BarboraPetirovaPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Scenic50665866140,
Thanks for taking the time to post your 5* review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are absolutely delighted that you had such a pleasurable stay and enjoyed the facilities the pentahotel has to offer. It gives us great pleasure to read your kind words on our great location, restaurant, bed, value and friendly staff.

Reviewed February 11, 2019

Stunning room, cool bar, nice food, Great drinks. And lots of movies to watch in the room. The bed was comfortable, the toiletries in the bathroom were good. Very spacious room, will defiantly be back

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tourist35101759228

Dear Tourist35101759228,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are absolutely delighted that you had such a pleasurable stay and enjoyed the facilities the pentahotel has to offer. It gives us great pleasure to read your kind words on our stunning rooms, bar, food and great drinks.

Reviewed February 10, 2019

This is the 2nd time i have stayed at the PentaHotel and while the location is very well placed, the rooms need some very much needed TLC. The mattresses are so hard and together with the soft pillows of which i had 4, my face literally went through to the mattress through all the pillows. I found it impossible to sleep its that uncomfortable. Other issues i have is the lighting system where you have to put the room key card in a slot for the lights to work. While the system does what it intends to do it is a problem if you need to get up in the middle of the night needing to go to the toilet as you can't see a thing and i ended up stubbing my little toe. The free internet is worse than a dial up connection so is pointless and i am not prepared to pay extra just to get a good internet connection. The furniture in the room is outdated and weird. Also cups and glasses i used on the 1st night were not replaced for the 2nd night which i found very disappointing. I will be visiting again in November as my accommodation is paid for me and i hope that changes will be made especially to the bedding as that is fundamentally the most important thing about staying at a hotel

Dear MrtT87,

Thank you for the review following your stay with us at pentahotel Derby

I am sorry that we didn’t get things quite right for you, we are always striving for perfection and I am sorry that your experience with us didn’t quite reach this level.
We do have positive feedback regarding our mattresses however I do apologize that mattress and pillows were not comfortable for you. You can use switch for the light which is next to the bed and also we do offer higher speed of Wi-Fi upon opt in your email address however I am sorry that this was not properly communicated to you. I will raised your feedback regarding cleanliness with our housekeeping manager to ensure improvement. Please be assure your feedback will be taken on board

You can contact me directly on operations.derby@pentahotels.com for your next visit and I will make sure you will receive firmer pillows and higher speed of Wi-Fi.

I hope we can rectify your past experience and will see you soon again.

Reviewed February 8, 2019

hotel is very nice, close to Software AG premises (which we were visiting); the bar was nice with comfortable sofas and snooker table for free : fitness room was fine also, but sauna had to be asked to be switched on in advance.
Restaurant was expensive in relation to what they offer, and the day we had dinner there, it was very slow; breakfast is expensive also but quality of the food was good.
Location is not bad; train station can be used to cross over the railways : under that statment, city center is 10 min walk from the hotel

Dear Ruben M,

I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with pentahotels.
We do carry out regular market research to ensure our pricing is in line with the market however I do apologize that service seemed to be slow. Please be assured your feedback will be taken on board.