2,031 results
All reviews pool table free movies bar area walk in shower nice hotel wet room business park business trip train station enjoyed my stay pride park would stay again steak car parking city centre one night stay ps4
Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the 2nd time i have stayed at the PentaHotel and while the location is very well placed, the rooms need some very much needed TLC. The mattresses are so hard and together with the soft pillows of which i had 4, my face literally went through to the mattress through all the pillows. I found it impossible to sleep its that uncomfortable. Other issues i have is the lighting system where you have to put the room key card in a slot for the lights to work. While the system does what it intends to do it is a problem if you need to get up in the middle of the night needing to go to the toilet as you can't see a thing and i ended up stubbing my little toe. The free internet is worse than a dial up connection so is pointless and i am not prepared to pay extra just to get a good internet connection. The furniture in the room is outdated and weird. Also cups and glasses i used on the 1st night were not replaced for the 2nd night which i found very disappointing. I will be visiting again in November as my accommodation is paid for me and i hope that changes will be made especially to the bedding as that is fundamentally the most important thing about staying at a hotel

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
BarboraPetirovaPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 days ago

Dear MrtT87,

Thank you for the review following your stay with us at pentahotel Derby

I am sorry that we didn’t get things quite right for you, we are always striving for perfection and I am sorry that your experience with us didn’t quite reach this level.
We do have positive feedback regarding our mattresses however I do apologize that mattress and pillows were not comfortable for you. You can use switch for the light which is next to the bed and also we do offer higher speed of Wi-Fi upon opt in your email address however I am sorry that this was not properly communicated to you. I will raised your feedback regarding cleanliness with our housekeeping manager to ensure improvement. Please be assure your feedback will be taken on board

You can contact me directly on operations.derby@pentahotels.com for your next visit and I will make sure you will receive firmer pillows and higher speed of Wi-Fi.

I hope we can rectify your past experience and will see you soon again.

Reviewed 1 week ago

hotel is very nice, close to Software AG premises (which we were visiting); the bar was nice with comfortable sofas and snooker table for free : fitness room was fine also, but sauna had to be asked to be switched on in advance.
Restaurant was expensive in relation to what they offer, and the day we had dinner there, it was very slow; breakfast is expensive also but quality of the food was good.
Location is not bad; train station can be used to cross over the railways : under that statment, city center is 10 min walk from the hotel

Date of stay: February 2019

Dear Ruben M,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with pentahotels.
We do carry out regular market research to ensure our pricing is in line with the market however I do apologize that service seemed to be slow. Please be assured your feedback will be taken on board.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Derby.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Overall a stylish and welcoming hotel, however there is a considerable lack of attention to detail and comfort that you would generally expect to find in this hotels competitors.

Staffing at certain times seems to be an issue, an example being on the Sunday night when we arrived we ordered a drink at the bar and then had to wait while the staff member went and served in the restaurant, returning 5 or so minutes later with no explanation or apology for the wait. We then saw this repeated on several occasions with other customers.

We then went to eat in the restaurant where we were served by the same staff member from the bar.
Unfortunately our starters and main courses arrived at the same time, the staff member offered to keep the mains under the heat lamps until we were ready....! The food itself was not bad but quite expensive for what it was.

Our bedroom was compact and bijoux but clean and functional on this occasion. We did have an issue with the air conditioning as the room was quite warm the air system made no difference, we had an engineer look at it and this seemed to make little or no difference.
On our second night when we returned to our room we were disappointed to see dirty glasses and coffee cups had not been removed or cleaned. The air conditioning was still not working and we requested an engineer again. He came while we were in and showed us a trick to get it to work, after explaining it’s not air conditioning but a circulation system.

The Gym was disappointing as the cross trainer was not working nor was the air conditioning (28 degrees in the Gym) to cap it all there were no towels or water available...

We have since returned to the hotel for a second visit and have seen a vast improvement, the staff are always friendly and happy to help. We will be back again.

Dear Chris,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stays with us here at pentahotel Derby.

I hope we restored your faith in us during your last visit and I hope you will continue to use our hotel. I do apologize for your past experience as it's not and impression which we would like to guests leave with and please be assured your feedback will be taken on board.

I hope that we will see you back again soon!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I love staying here I've stayed multiple times and everytime it's been perfect. The staff are always so helpful and so polite. Especially a fan of Denise she sorted out my booking as I booked the Saturday (26/01) instead of the Friday(25/01) that i needed to book and she was able to change my dates for the same price! This place is worth the money! I would also say it's the best place to stay on a Saturday night as you can check out at 3pm! Which is always good after a night out, the food is okay I wouldn't say it's the best I usually end up getting a takeaway I've only ever eaten at the hotel twice but it's not something that would stop me from visiting again. Staff always make you feel so comfortable which is what really brings us back.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
BarboraPetirovaPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Dear Yugennn,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your stay at pentahotel Derby.

It is always nice to hear that we are doing things the right way and it is great to hear positive comments regarding the team being helpful before & during your stay, please be assured all of your comments will be taken on board.

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Very best regards,

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Well its certainly a differing style and I'm down with that completely. For me, the upsides were its closeness to the office and the breakfast. I can 'dig' the style and were it not for the hardness of the bed, the unsupporting pillows and rather tired looking room, I may have allowed those good points to have swayed me to have contemplated staying here again. Sadly it was a poor nights sleep, coupled with the usual luddites, who at 2330 believe that they have quiet voices and that by slamming doors, this will assist everyone....

So unimpressed and certainly didn't find enough here to think I'll stay again.

Room tip: Get as far away from the lifts as possible to prevent the noise from late night revellers
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
BarboraPetirovaPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear WorldTraveller2plus2,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

I am sorry that your visit didn’t quite meet the expectations that we would have both had.
We always try to fix things for guests when issues arise and I am sorry that we did not get the opportunity to do so on this occasion.

Unfortunately we can't influence other guest however I hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove that we are better than your last experience with us.

Very best regards,