2,019 results
All reviews pool table free movies bar area walk in shower nice hotel wet room business park business trip enjoyed my stay train station pride park would stay again steak car parking city centre one night stay ps4
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

2 night stay. Drilling woke me at 1am the first night. I rang reception but no one answered so I ended up walking down in my pyjamas to talk to someone. They were very apologetic and agreed it wasn't acceptable (apparently the work had been booked for months!). They allowed for me to change rooms in the middle of the night (although no one actually helped with this so it was multiple trips back and forth for me). They kindly gave me 50% off one night of my stay for the trouble. On checking with friends also staying the next morning, none of them were disturbed because they were all in odd numbered rooms at the front of the hotel whereas I was in an even numbered room at the back where the work was being done. Knowing this, the disruption could probably have been planned for in advance!The new room stank of cigarettes and had a blocked sink which I told reception about in the morning. They again offered to change my room but I instead asked for them to try and fix the problems as I didn't want to move again. As far as I could tell (based on the smell), nothing was done.Staff did their best to deal with the challenges that arose, and were always polite and helpful, but better management and planning would have made the stay far better.

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BarboraPetirovaPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Passport66501415384,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

It was really disappointed to read your review following your stay with us. I am sorry to read that you had a less than satisfactory experience at the hotel. This is not the impression we wish our guests to leave with. Please do accept my apologies and I will be sure that the team are thanked for making their best to help to resolve your issue as well as give you discount of 50%. Your point will be raised with respective department managers in order to ensure improvement.

I would appreciate the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel where hopefully we can rectify your past experience.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I recently stayed here for an event at the Roundhouse (just around the corner from the hotel). Check in was quick and easy, the hotel has a distinctive scent as you enter that sticks with you throughout your stay. I used the fitness room which has sufficient equipment for a workout. The room was comfortable and the wet room shower is really good. Breakfast was ok, quite a lot of choice but after a Christmas party I wasn't really in the mood to eat too much! £5 for parking is good value in this area, you can pay much more to stay at other hotels which aren't as nice. Thanks for a pleasant stay.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
BarboraPetirovaPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear 473JohnN,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

We are absolutely delighted that you had such a pleasurable stay and enjoyed the facilities the pentahotel has to offer. It gives us great pleasure to read your kind words on our location, easy check in, gym, rooms & breakfast.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Derby.

Very best regards

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

It was a good place to stay nice bar lounge area. Staff and service was ok. Ordered food but not all that good. The room I stayed in was nice but really stuffy in the night. The hotel is close to the train station and not that far from the city centre going by taxi.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear 442nilamp,
Thank you for the kind words following your stay with us here in Derby.

We are so glad that you found our hotel good place to stay and it give us a pleasure to read your kind words on our central location, bar lounge area & staff. I do apologize that our food didn't seem to be good unfortunately you do not disclose any details, which I could share with our team. However please be assured you feedback will be taken on board

I hope that we will see you back with us very soon.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Bar and reception area very cold, little choice on beers, expensive food and drink... Too expensive for what you get... better options elsewhere on pride park! Additional parking charge of £5 applied on check out which we were not informed of!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BarboraPetirovaPenta, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Traveller,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us at pentahotels.

I am sorry that your visit didn’t quite meet the expectations that we would have both had. I do apologize that our bar area and reception appeared to be cold for you, we are more than happy to increase temperature however I do apologize that this was not properly communicated to you. We do carry out regular market research to ensure our pricing is in line with the market however please be assured your feedback will be taken on board.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to prove that we are better than your last experience with us.

Reviewed December 17, 2018

2 day stay while visiting the panto
Lovely hotel and lovely staff
Lounge was very nice and cosy
Our Hotel room was basic but good for a 2 night stay. Not a lot of hangers for 2 people in a room.
No Biscuits with the Tea & Coffee making
Also Pillows and Duvet had feathers in which we had to have the pillows changed because we are Allergic to feathers but was not told the duvet had feathers in until we read the label not good for people who are allergic to them
Breakfast had a lot to choose from which was really good.
The reception staff helped us with directions to go into the town and then ordering us a taxi to go the arena
in Our room we did not hear any noise from outside which was good
We went out during the morning to go shopping and came back at around 2:30pm to see our room had not been cleaned yet, normally in other hotels they are already done by 1pm
Free WiFi did not work very well very slow to get things up

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Rachael,

I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with pentahotels.
It give us a pleasure to read your kind words regarding hotel, staff & breakfast.
Please be assured all your feedbacks will be taken on board.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Derby.