1,979 results
All reviews pool table free movies bar area walk in shower wet room nice hotel business park business trip train station pride park enjoyed my stay would stay again steak car parking city centre one night stay ps4
Reviewed 1 week ago

Service was very good, both checking in and out, breakfast & dinner of a good standard. The hotel location for the Derby Arena is excellent. The room was clean and the room facilities very good.Good that parking is charged within the room rate, unlike other hotel chains.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
BarboraPetirova, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Dear Gouldend,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience of your stay with us here at pentahotel Derby.

It was really good to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, the team and I are always thankful of reading that we have got things right! I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast, dinner and service.

I hope that we will see you back again soon!

Reviewed 1 week ago

The Penta is a nice hotel on face value. The rooms are clean and tidy. The small gym is ok for a week. Inclusive breakfast is good. However if you stay for an evening meal be prepared to pay a lot of money for a meal that eventually turns up (45mins min) and still be hungry. I have never seen a fish and chips before were the fish looks like a small sausage roll !The staff are very friendly but something in the menu/service/kitchen is broken.Do not take a room on the first floor above the main entrance/bar if you are a light sleeper. The bass from the music carries until the early hours and people returning from a night out will wake you up.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

One night visit

Service and food good

Compared with the Prague property, where I was the week before, it needs room safe for laptop.

For a business hotel on an industrial/commercial estate, you should not have to pay for parking.

I like the brand style

Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
BarboraPetirova, Manager at pentahotel Derby, responded to this reviewResponded 6 days ago

Dear Andrew S,
Thanks for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

I am pleased that we got things right for you & even more so, that you published your experience with pentahotels.
Your particular feedback is very valuable for us and we will certainly take these comments on board.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor at pentahotels.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Overall a nice and well located hotel for my requirements. Food was average. Table service varied - one waitress was enthusiastic being American. Restaurant atmosphere spoiled by overload beat music, better suited to disco club. Strangely there was a shortage of forks . Bedroom simple but comfortable however no guidance on how to operate shower. For all that, I’d go again.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Once again I've had another great night's stay at the Pentax in Derby. Room was fine, clean and tidy and always love the atmosphere in the reception and dining area. Breakfast was good, and check out was quick. All in all a good night's stay

• Stayed: September 2018, traveled on business
1  Thank mattchubb

Dear Mattchubb,
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your stay with us on TripAdvisor.

Thank you for nice feedback regarding cleanliness, atmosphere, breakfast & quick check out.

I hope that you will be a regular visitor to us here at pentahotel Derby.