“the best currys in derby”

Mount Everest Gurkha Restaurant
Ranked #42 of 582 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Nepali
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Derby, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“the best currys in derby”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

nice food fast delivery as was still hot when delivered to me , everything perfect no problems , you must try mount Everest , no other restaurant can beat them

• Visited June 2014

Manchester
“Excellent service and food”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I liked this restaurant as soon as we walked in and were greeted by the friendly staff. The Nepalese and Gurkha influence pervades everything from the courteous service, superb food and even the beer! The restaurant is clean and bright with the Everest motif much in evidence, which as a keen mountaineer I really liked too.

As an aside - I lost my mobile phone sometime during the evening, most likely in the pub or the taxi. Thinking I might have left it in the restaurant, I e-mailed the owner and called back the next day. He could not have been more helpful having asked the staff (all family members) checked the CCTV and scoured the dining area. This is a brilliant restaurant run by lovely people.

• Visited May 2014
Dorchester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My third visit - as good as usual!”
Reviewed May 21, 2014

The Mount Everest provides something a little different from the up-market curry houses close-by, and I prefer it - the Nepalese/Ghurka twist. The set meal for one is excellent value and provides a variety of flavours, including the moma (dim sun type lamb damplings) as starter, and a traditional rice pudding to finish. The service (on a Monday night) was courteous and I was made to feel welcome. I am looking forward to my next visit to Derby to sample the menu further.

• Visited May 2014
NOTTINGHAM
“Fabulous Food to Give your taste buds a hit”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

A warm welcome was given by a lady dressed very traditionally. Shown to a table and given time to settle in before we were given the menu to choose our meal. Was asked if we would like to order drinks all very courteously! We were asked to chose from the extensive menu and as this was our first visit to a Ghurka restaurant we asked for some details to the spices and herbs in some of the dishes we were thinking of ordering. The food we all decided on was all brought out together with sides and a big jug of iced water. The food was absolutely delicious, cooked with skill and beautifully presented. Would definitely recommend this restaurant to all our friends and work colleagues. We will certainly be returning. A great alternative to typical Indian Food.
To complete this review - Reasonably priced, great selection of dishes and you will not receive a better welcoming and service from all the staff.

• Visited April 2014
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Always quality”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great food prepared very well, attentive service and knowledgeable staff. Very keenly priced, and I can recommend the Gurkha beer! Looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited April 2014