“Tasty alternative to Indian/Thai”

Mount Everest Gurkha Restaurant
Ranked #45 of 619 Restaurants in Derby
Cuisines: Nepali
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 21, 2013

This was the second time we've eaten at the Mount Everest, having sought it out after our last visit. We're not particularly familiar with Nepali food, but this was accessible whilst still being "different" enough from the usual Saturday night choices. I had a fish dish which was salmon based, cooked just right, with a rich spiciness; my partner had lamb which was rich and beautifully tender. It wasn't very busy, which was strange, but maybe we went at the wrong time.

Reviewed October 21, 2013

Have been with the missus, with my pals and with the kids and every time has been amazing. Just back from collecting a takeaway tonight and felt compelled to write. Had to wait 4 minutes tops for my order and got a free half of Mongoose - excellent. Service always amazing and food sublime. I am no an expert on Nepali food but I know what I like and I like the Mount Everest. Derby has some amazing Indian/sub-continent restaurants but this, in my humble opinion, is the best.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

I've visited many restaurants in Derby but this one was probably the best of all. Since the moment we have ordered our meals, we felt amused and taken care of. Furthermore, prices are great and the food is authentic. I will definitely visit Mount Everest many times again.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

The food at Mount Everest has blown me away, very reasonable, a great menu and always service with a smile! One of my favourite curry's in Derby!
Paneer Shashlik is highly recommended. YUM!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

It’s been about 4 years when I last visited Derby, I remembered the restaurant I visited and decided to go back as the meal was lovely, it was an Asian restaurant then and was surprised it had changed hands and become a Ghurkha restaurant. Anyway late and hungry in I went, greeted and shown to a table, looking around everything was pleasant and clean service was in a very relaxed way. Ordered a meal which came and was served, food I would give IT 9/10 hot, very tasty with what I would say were fresh ingredients. Price was average and would visit again